FG Spreadshirt Swag

re
    script link to template (above)

lien dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qjpstisg6...ility.lua?dl=0

I noticed something seemed off about the roll /iron (for ironsworn rolls) and I believe I've found an issue in the code.

Specifically, in manager_custom_iron.lua line 94 reads:

local rRoll = { sType = "pbta", sDesc = sDesc, aDice = aFinalDice, nMod = nMod };

The sType was saying "pbta", but I expected "iron" there.

So on my computer I changed that line to read:

local rRoll = { sType = "iron", sDesc = sDesc, aDice = aFinalDice, nMod = nMod };

and now it seems to be working like a charm.

Did I find a mistype or did I mess up my version?

I hope this helped.

Blog Entries
    that would be a fubar on my end...
    i write the scripts but I never play most of these systems so they rely on others to test...
    i checked and line 94 is definitely wrong - ive updated ready for the next release.

Please if you can share an Ironsword character sheet so others can see how you are doing it, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Please if you can share an Ironsword character sheet so others can see how you are doing it, that would be great.
    No problem. I should note this is a work in progress. Aside from wanting to use FG for playing Ironsworn I also took it as an opportunity to learn more about MoreCore. So there are several Moves I wasn't sure how to handle. And I haven't even touched on Bonds and Vow progress tracking or Debilities. Still, along side some paper and pencil it's been a useful start.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Damned -

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

The progress tracks for bonds and vows are 10 boxes in a row that get filled in with 4 tick marks (one at a time) each. Attached is an example from the rulebook.
    tickmarks.png

I was able to recreate this fairly well by creating a Story entry with a table having 10 cells, and I can just put "1" in for each tick. Then I linked that in the "Story" section in the "MoreData" tab in MoreCore. I actually thought it was working, but when I tested importing that character into a new campaign it disappeared. I'm assuming there's something about making character sheets I haven't learned yet.

Thanks again for the offer to help.

Edit - Ah, after more testing I'm thinking I can do it this way but have to export the Story into a module, and then use the module not just a character sheet. Am I right, or is there another way?

Come to think of it, the other issue I had was that some moves include tables in them. So if I'm doing a module anyway, I can just include a link to the table in the description of the move and then export the table.

Do let me know if it sounds like I'm way off or on the right track.

Thanks!
    Last edited by GeorgeOrr; February 19th, 2020 at 18:59.

Blog Entries
    This is how I think i would do it....

This is a funky new roll called tmod
    Enable Formula
    Formula /tmod 1
    Hide Parameters p2 and p3
    Drag - from the character sheet - p1 (currently 0) onto Ref Field A
    Click in Dice String field and out again to activate the icon

Now when you click the roll icon (in ths case a # symbol) it will increment the value linked to (a) which is the (p1) field by the value in the string which is 1. I know that sounds complicated but if you do this MoreCore will track it for you!

tmod.jpg

Is there a way in MoreCore to set the movement to be in units of 1, and not to do the alternative diagonal measurements (1, 2, 1, 2 etc)? Trying to use this for LANCER, and before even getting to the horror of figuring out rolls, I have reached this hurdle haha

Blog Entries
    You'll have to set up an extension to make it happen (you were probably going to do that anyway, right?).

The setting you're looking for is in MoreCore\gameelements.xml.

Annotation 2020-02-23 160051.png

The highlighted line is the one that needs to be changed.

~P

Alright, if there isn't one already, I'ma do it now!
    Thanks haha

Thread Information