FG Spreadshirt Swag
    next time you're in your code (if it is not too much trouble), mind removing the height property from pcclasslink in record_char.xml

I am working on my next game and my console gets flooded with those errors. I can work around it and it hurts nothing, but it is easier to find my errors with it cleaned up.

(switching to Unity question): is function onSizeChanged() not supported in Unity or maybe just has a bug? my character sheet is working in classic, but when I move it over it is not re-framing when I change the size of the sheet.

Thank you a million times for MoreCore my group is loving that we can play so much more than just DnD.

Blog Entries
    Thanks - varsuuk highlighted this one and another to me too.
    I have had that resize issue reported to me this week also but havent yet investigated - hopefully this weekend.

Me too - thats what MoreCore is for!

I have had good success with Morecore and OSE. However, I can't get the attack rolls to link to the strength or dexterity bonuses automatically. The damage rolls work great so I feel like it should work the same way but it doesn't. I have been able to click the modifier next to the attribute so not a big deal but I wanted to ask to see if I was missing anything obvious.

I did, just figured it out! Good stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ctcharger; August 4th, 2020 at 02:21.

Hi Damned, Still working on the Paranoia Extension, but I have hit a bit of a problem in that I cannot find out how to change ownership of a record.
    Basicly as GM I want to send out a form for all the players to fill in and then after they have been completed read through them and act accordingly. Notes have an ownership property, but I cannot find out how a GM would alter them on the fly. The best option I have come up with so far is sending the form via chat and getting the player to copy it, and name it something that I recognise and then read the new document. Is this really the only way, to do this or am I missing something blindingly obvious?
    If you remember we discussed the combat dice requirements of Paranoia, (there being no hit points as such, just conditions of, OK,SNAFU, Wounded etc), is it possible to set up a die roller for combat, or is that too much out on a limb? Next Question... What should I put as copyright info, obviously I should make a reference to Mongoose Publishing, but should I also include my name, as the person who adapted it for Morecore?. Apart from that I am progressing nicely, and I have been told that if I have something I am prepared to use, I can give a demo at UK Games Expo in a weeks time. Thanks for you help and input it is much appreciated

Blog Entries
    Hi NickT would you please send me in some detail (copy and paste if you have already done so) the requirements for your roll - include as much detail as possible - and ill try and get something done for you for the roll.

For the first question you are SooL.
    Players only own their Character Sheets and any Notes they create.
    The quick and dirty approach here will be for the players to create a note - not make it Public - and you copy and past the Questions into the Note for them.

Anything more will require an extension like Player Agency - note PA doesnt cover your use case at this time but the concepts are all there.

Hi Damned, hi Everyone,

I've been searching quite a for a solution to somewhat "special" issue, but while I do have a bit of knowledge reading xml and lua, I fail at figuring out where to connect some dots.
    Basically, my playgroup plays a highly customised World of Darkness Campaign based on the 20th Anniversary Books of Vampire, Werewolf, Mage etc. On my search for solutions I did stumble on several posts with
    a) old VTM-Systems, that are no longer working (at least in FGU),
    b) are only limited to Vampires and not "customisable" in FG itself, or
    c) people stating that they consider working on new projects, but with nothing substantial to use right now.
    The best that I was able to find is in fact MoreCore and the VTM-Extension (Actually it's for Dark Ages, but close enough) which in itself had some bugs (dice-rolls at least for me just give out error-messages), but is too "static" to allow any customisation.

Which is why I'm coming here now. My Playgroup doesn't need much in Terms of automation (currently we mostly use PDF's for Character-Sheets. it's nice to have but just to get started we really don't need it. What we do need/want is a Character-Sheet/NPC that can be modified in a lot of aspects and this way also can vary between the players. Which means a fully static sheet like in the VTM-Extension for MoreCore does not help, although it sets a decent start. Some reordering and other tweaks to this Extension might be the right direction.
    Additionally, we'd need something similar to a "Powers/Spellbook"-Library. While MoreCore's "Abilities" Tab is a good Starting-Point for that library, I really miss a Filter-Option. To give you an example: The Spells-Library for 5e can be filtered by Spell-Level, User-Class, and if it's a ritual. Something like that would be a massive help for us, since we'd have combine so many rulebooks with different "Powers/Disciples/Gifts" that it would be very hard to find the right thing, when you need to search for it.

All I need is mostly the framework, from which I can build my modules with data for my group. I do have a somewhat good idea on how a few things could be done, but I am uncertain of some limitations and/or options. The issue is that while I might be able to adjust some smaller things in the MoreCore VTM-Extension, it would still extremely limited. I know that there are many tutorials and guides that modify things like char-sheets/spells, but I haven't found any guide that replaces an entry-type completely (in my case that would be Chars/NPCS/Abilities). The tutorial on the 3.5-Spell library also was a good starting point to figuring out how spells are built, but I'm still missing too much pieces (implementing the filter in the menu, adding more filter "rows"). So, I've concluded that if I'd try to figure all that out by myself it'll take me most likely a year at best. I certainly like MoreCore as the basis for my vision of this extension, but with more-core being even more complex than CoreRPG I certainly need some serious help.

That is why I'm looking for someone who is well versed (and proven) in building extensions and feels confident to take this challenge. I also know that time and effort is something no one likes to spend for free, which is why I'm willing to negotiate this as a commission. If you thing that you might be the person to talk to please leave me a Message and we could get started from there.
    Last edited by Astaroshe; August 9th, 2020 at 19:10.

Hi damned,

I'm trying to do a dice string but I'm having some issues. The first time it worked but after that it always shows the Script Error: (string "common/scripts/morecore_rolls.luea"):104: attempt to concatenate local 'sParams' (a nil value) message.
    Here is the Dice String and the Param Formula. Don't know where the error is.
    Captura.PNG

Thanks

Blog Entries
    you need /weg
    but also (and this is slated for a fix) the roll would be /weg 1d6+3d1006
    you only want the only exploding dice (d6)

Holy crap, I didn't miss the / untill you said it.
    Thanks dude!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Astaroshe View Post
    Hi Damned, hi Everyone,

I've been searching quite a for a solution to somewhat "special" issue, but while I do have a bit of knowledge reading xml and lua, I fail at figuring out where to connect some dots.
    Basically, my playgroup plays a highly customised World of Darkness Campaign based on the 20th Anniversary Books of Vampire, Werewolf, Mage etc. On my search for solutions I did stumble on several posts with
    a) old VTM-Systems, that are no longer working (at least in FGU),
    b) are only limited to Vampires and not "customisable" in FG itself, or
    c) people stating that they consider working on new projects, but with nothing substantial to use right now.
    The best that I was able to find is in fact MoreCore and the VTM-Extension (Actually it's for Dark Ages, but close enough) which in itself had some bugs (dice-rolls at least for me just give out error-messages), but is too "static" to allow any customisation.

Which is why I'm coming here now. My Playgroup doesn't need much in Terms of automation (currently we mostly use PDF's for Character-Sheets. it's nice to have but just to get started we really don't need it. What we do need/want is a Character-Sheet/NPC that can be modified in a lot of aspects and this way also can vary between the players. Which means a fully static sheet like in the VTM-Extension for MoreCore does not help, although it sets a decent start. Some reordering and other tweaks to this Extension might be the right direction.
    Additionally, we'd need something similar to a "Powers/Spellbook"-Library. While MoreCore's "Abilities" Tab is a good Starting-Point for that library, I really miss a Filter-Option. To give you an example: The Spells-Library for 5e can be filtered by Spell-Level, User-Class, and if it's a ritual. Something like that would be a massive help for us, since we'd have combine so many rulebooks with different "Powers/Disciples/Gifts" that it would be very hard to find the right thing, when you need to search for it.

All I need is mostly the framework, from which I can build my modules with data for my group. I do have a somewhat good idea on how a few things could be done, but I am uncertain of some limitations and/or options. The issue is that while I might be able to adjust some smaller things in the MoreCore VTM-Extension, it would still extremely limited. I know that there are many tutorials and guides that modify things like char-sheets/spells, but I haven't found any guide that replaces an entry-type completely (in my case that would be Chars/NPCS/Abilities). The tutorial on the 3.5-Spell library also was a good starting point to figuring out how spells are built, but I'm still missing too much pieces (implementing the filter in the menu, adding more filter "rows"). So, I've concluded that if I'd try to figure all that out by myself it'll take me most likely a year at best. I certainly like MoreCore as the basis for my vision of this extension, but with more-core being even more complex than CoreRPG I certainly need some serious help.

That is why I'm looking for someone who is well versed (and proven) in building extensions and feels confident to take this challenge. I also know that time and effort is something no one likes to spend for free, which is why I'm willing to negotiate this as a commission. If you thing that you might be the person to talk to please leave me a Message and we could get started from there.
    Sorry I missed this post.

What is this VtM extension for MoreCore? I am not aware of that one.
    You would not copy the whole library of spells to the Character Sheet just like you do not in 5E. You only copy teh spells that you know/use.

You could use Abilities but I think Rolls are better on every level. Both can be added to Libraries that can be grouped by class and level or school or whatever you need.
    Im not sure how much of an extension you might need - possibly none - maybe just data input.

Thread Information