STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries
    In MoreCore use 100 for red, 200 for green, 300 for blue and 400 for yellow
    So /die 2d1006+2d20020 will roll 2 red d6 and 2 green d20
    Use /pool 2d3006 to add 2 blue d6 to the pool

Wow. Thank you for the info and for the very quick response!

I'm trying to use the dice string /weg 1d6+#d1006 but something is not working. The 1d6 is not rolling and that is the exploting die.
    I've tried creating a new campaign but it still doesn't work. The strange thing is that in an old campaign it seems to work fine.
    Even stranger, if I create a copy of the campaign, the dice string stops working.

Ok, I've discovered that the theme extension is blocking the string, don't know why or how.

Problem solved. I was deleting all unnecesary dice and that was making the exploding die not to appear.
    Last edited by JubiladosdeArkham; December 15th, 2020 at 23:03.

How would I code a 2d6 roll added together under a number? (reference field)
    I'm also looking to show a skill as a value of an attribute plus what points the player adds to the base value (attribute)
    For example Str = 5
    [5] [<points>] [Total Value]
    The roll then for that skill would be 2d6 < Total and if roll is a 2 success
    Last edited by Fargen; December 26th, 2020 at 23:11.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargen View Post
    How would I code a 2d6 roll added together under a number? (reference field)
    I a mnot following what you mean here?

I'm also looking to show a skill as a value of an attribute plus what points the player adds to the base value (attribute)
    For example Str = 5
    [5] [<points>] [Total Value]
    The roll then for that skill would be 2d6 < Total and if roll is a 2 success
    You will need to write an extension to do that.
    The current options you have are:

example roll
    /die [(c)+(b)]d10e+(p2)
    this will sum the linked field c and linked field b and use that to determine how many die to roll
    but it wont display that sum value anywhere on the sheet - it will show it in the roll if you open it up but not on the sheet

you use the p1/p2/p3 values so you can see the component values (still not the sum) but these values will not stay linked

otherwise - coding time!

Thanks Damned,
    That pointed me in the right direction. [ ] for summing two values.
    I may work on an extension and I'm watching your videos now. I'd like to see a TOON extension if it hasn't been done yet. Found one person asking, so probably not a lot of demand, but still could be a fun exercise.
    Just need to learn Morecore more. Found your YT so watching through the vids. Thanks for putting those out there.

Is there a way to add to the below roll, if it is a 12 it's automatic failure?

For those working with TOON and rolls, what I came up with was: /sthrow 2d6<[(a1) + (p1)]
    Last edited by Fargen; December 27th, 2020 at 01:50.

Blog Entries
    There is tonnes of info in those videos but also thats a lot of content to get thru
    Start small - unless coding is your thing - and work up to stuff

What I would do for your Q is duplicate sthrow and add in the code.
    There is basic instructions on how to add a roll in to MoreCore - not how to code the roll - are in the user guide
    Your change is pretty simple.

Good work on finding a close match roll - that makes things much simpler!

The system I'm tryng to implement, Radiance RPG, has more kinds of hit points and defenses than typical. Attacks are against Fort, Reflex, or Will (like D&D4th), Hit points are divided into Vitality and Wounds (most attacks hit V first, then overflow to W, but some attacks and effects target W directly), Vitality is also spent to power some spells and abilities, and armor acts as damage reduction ( probably best implemented as "resist" effect). I can't figure out where to put all of these - fort, reflex, will, vitality, wounds, and armor - so they will interact with the combat tracker.

(free (very large) PDF of the game here, if it helps: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...of-Electrotech

Blog Entries
    MoreCore supports a max of 5 fields in the CT + Order
    The first field is Health - it is the only HP/Health field
    Field 3 is wounds - that is how FG typically does things - it leaves HP untouched and counts wounds up to HP
    field 2 is typically defence but there are some rolls that use field 4 as defence too
    i dont think there are enough fields to do what you want out of the box with MoreCore
    armor as DR works in either field 2 or field 4
    there is close to enough but not enough - coding will be required

PS I have zero time to read another game system to learn its rules and mechanics - sorry

Thread Information