5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Testing FG on WinXP x64

I have just built a WinXP x64 machine that will be my FG and Klooge.Werks machine. So far both apps start up and the basic functions seem to work. As I update d20 Modern to d20 Future as a step in the process of creating a d20 Shatterzone campaign, I'll keep everyone informed on how x64 performs and its overall stability.

Let me get this straight, you have assembled a XP64 PC to play FG, and Kloogwerks on ? Or is it just your regular PC ? Grai
    https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Graisk...guid=223731510
    -Graiskyesfantasyground; central file repository, as well as outlines, guidelines for my FG game. If you want to play, drop by.

I have recently converted my daily computer use over to Mac OS X. But, I have A LOT of Windows gaming and other software that is not (and probably won't ever be) available of OS X. So I decided that I would give away all my way out of date Atholon XP machines and then build a new one that was much more powerful.

I chose the to build a Pentium D (dual 64-bit execution cores) system as there was a killer deal at Fry's/Outpost.com for a motherboard/CPU combo this past weekend. To this I added an ATI X700 PCI-Express video card with 256 MB of RAM. The final configuration will have dual monitors for extra viewing real estate.

I chose to load x64 (read 64-bit) version of WinXP Pro for two reason: 1) the pure geekiness of it; 2) the FREE trial license (which lasts for 120 days at which point I'll either convert to the 64-bit trial version of Windows Vista or revert to WinXP Pro 32-bit).

Mostly though, I wanted plenty of horsepower to run FG, Klooge.Werks, plus all the cool Online RPG (EQ II, Star Wars: Galaxies, etc). When I host a FG game I wanted to be able to run FG, Gizmo Project, plus other GM tools without the machine skipping a beat.

Yeah, it's probably overkill. However, we just had a baby which means no games at my home nor me traveling to any so I felt sorry for myself and built a killer machine to help feed my gaming addiction.:twisted:

Well if you can wth, eh ? Have fun bro, nad i hear you about the prices of PC gear in general is sinking guy can put together a KILLER PC for 700-900 probably. Pik up a pretty decent box for 500 bucks these days, throw a good card in, some ram, and your smoking. I remember the first PC I bought(69.95) 'TSR MC16' , it was a Radio Shack(Tandy) Micro Computer with 16k(thats kilobyte) memory, you could get a 64k mempak for the big apps. But I have lots of fond memoriees of that little computer, learned to program in basic awesome. LOL :lol: Grai
    -Graiskyesfantasyground; central file repository, as well as outlines, guidelines for my FG game. If you want to play, drop by.

Computer bloat

The bloat in windows really gets driven home when you remember the 64K days. How come it takes my 3 BILLION decisions per second machine longer to load a word processor so I can type a letter than it took my 64K Commodore to do the same thing? BLOOOAAATTT.

Ahh.. the days of the old tape drive....so simple. Anybody with a tape deck and a 90 min tape, was happening. Good old days for sure. G

Thread Information