Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[5E] Better Traits

This is a pretty simple extension that replaces some of the functions in the CharManager to allow for parsing more traits when they are added to a character. Currently this is limited to the added functionality.

• Check each trait to see if a trait adds proficiency to a skill.
    • Adds support for Superior Darkvision, if a character already has Darkvision then it will replace it with Superior Darkvision.
    • Adds support for additional types of movement speed. Currently only works for swim, fly, climb speeds.
    • If a character has Powerful Build it will calculate the appropriate carrying capacity.

You can always find the latest releases here.
    Last edited by 7H3LaughingMan; November 7th, 2016 at 21:00.

Nice work
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'll include this in next patch. One thing you missed that I added is that this will only check the powerful build on the first time the PC is viewed or when the strength score is changed, not when traits added/edited.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'll include this in next patch. One thing you missed that I added is that this will only check the powerful build on the first time the PC is viewed or when the strength score is changed, not when traits added/edited.

Cheers,
    JPG
    I wanted to get this done as a proof of concept first before going into the details of getting this to work properly. Most of the code has just been tacked on at the moment and is functional. But once I get into the process of making this a completed extension I am going to end up having to re-write a good chunk of how things are structured in addTraitDB.

Well, I added some more functionality. For some reason couldn't figure out how to update the carrying capacity when the "Powerful Build" trait is added. If I tried to process the trait it wouldn't actually add the trait the character's trait list and thus the getEncumbranceMult function would end up reverting it back as if you didn't have it.

Alright, with the release of Volo's Guide to Monsters it has become clearer in how WOTC will be handling additional types of movement speeds. Had to split up the Speed and Fleet of Foot traits in the coding so that Fantasy Grounds wouldn't possibly be confused and choose the wrong numbers if a race has two different types of movement speeds.

However, it also shows that WOTC isn't very consistent in the wording for skills being added as proficient based on your race choice. I have 6 different checks for all the current means of adding skills.

Welcome to my world.

JPG

Alright, I released v0.4 which mainly improves how handling of the Powerful Build Trait is done. It also adds an announcement/icon when you launch Fantasy Grounds with the extension to let you know that it is loaded.

OK, taken the items you've identified and incorporated into the 5E ruleset for the v3.2.1 beta, along with a few more items.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    OK, taken the items you've identified and incorporated into the 5E ruleset for the v3.2.1 beta, along with a few more items.

Regards,
    JPG
    Was taking a looked at the code for the v3.2.1 beta and couldn't help but laugh that my comment is in there.

Thread Information