STAR TREK 2d20
Page 36 of 44 First ... 263435363738 ... Last
    @gormorator: I also did the data input thingy. Since I now played Enemy Within First two Settings I can tell you that I was perfectly fine with
    - Having all Skills and Talents in Skills, Languages in References
    - Weapon and Armor Equip
    - Maps from the adventure
    - Entries for the major NPCs and groups of NPCs for some places (I wrote an extension that gave me an full size "notes" tab for the NPCs, because I used to write a lot of thoughts and background there instead of in the stories section, because the storiy sections come and go with my modules and the (most) NPCs stay as part of the world. On the other hand, perhaps it is better to create story entries with persons in it for the most used places and use them as "location modules". Still trying to find an elegant way.
    - Handouts
    - Rumors
    Took me 3 hours for the overall prep and after I knew how to save maps and pictures and name them right the first time it was even during play pretty fast to add new maps

All over all it was a good speedup for me in preparing my stuff. Better than in every other VTT, and I now move to Unity to have the multilayer maps (I hope they are of as much use as I hope...)

@All: Since Paul was not around to update, I fixed two lines of code and put that in an extension to have the D100 roles fixed for FantasyGrounds Unity. I am sure there is a lot of more work which perhaps should be done, but for the essential functions I use it now for the first time and it seems to work fine for me in FG Unity. I'll tell you more after my game on Monday evening (starting with Death on the Reik...).
    From Space, hm? I heard it is pretty cold out there that time of year...

Quote Originally Posted by iiivsion View Post
    @gormorator: I also did the data input thingy. Since I now played Enemy Within First two Settings I can tell you that I was perfectly fine with
    - Having all Skills and Talents in Skills, Languages in References
    - Weapon and Armor Equip
    - Maps from the adventure
    - Entries for the major NPCs and groups of NPCs for some places (I wrote an extension that gave me an full size "notes" tab for the NPCs, because I used to write a lot of thoughts and background there instead of in the stories section, because the storiy sections come and go with my modules and the (most) NPCs stay as part of the world. On the other hand, perhaps it is better to create story entries with persons in it for the most used places and use them as "location modules". Still trying to find an elegant way.
    - Handouts
    - Rumors
    Took me 3 hours for the overall prep and after I knew how to save maps and pictures and name them right the first time it was even during play pretty fast to add new maps

All over all it was a good speedup for me in preparing my stuff. Better than in every other VTT, and I now move to Unity to have the multilayer maps (I hope they are of as much use as I hope...)

@All: Since Paul was not around to update, I fixed two lines of code and put that in an extension to have the D100 roles fixed for FantasyGrounds Unity. I am sure there is a lot of more work which perhaps should be done, but for the essential functions I use it now for the first time and it seems to work fine for me in FG Unity. I'll tell you more after my game on Monday evening (starting with Death on the Reik...).
    Got most of the necessary stuff in there now - more will probably turn out as missing once we get started though
    Any intel on how your extension worked iiivsion?
    And could you share it if it works? Or advice on how to fix the code - the extra D10 is manageable but annoying, so it would be great to get rid of it.

d100 fix for unity

Quote Originally Posted by gormoraptor View Post
    Got most of the necessary stuff in there now - more will probably turn out as missing once we get started though
    Any intel on how your extension worked iiivsion?
    And could you share it if it works? Or advice on how to fix the code - the extra D10 is manageable but annoying, so it would be great to get rid of it.
    Worked quite well, not other problems found after two session "Death on the Reik" :-). I would say it is fully compatible. The font error messages can be ignored, since there are fonts from the Core-RPG being used. I planned another "look and feel" extension to replace some fonts, eventually with with caslon antique, but campaign prep is more important at the moment.

Extension with "d100-fix" is attached, the two edited lines in each file are commented with "-- Unity-Compat Patch", so Paul could take it over easily in the "master" as soon as time allows for him. I hope I zipped it correctly.

Update of Post:
    removed FGU quick and dirty fix, please use updated version of pak instead
    Last edited by iiivsion; February 24th, 2021 at 18:26.

I just bought FGU and was very pleased to see a noble knight covering my favourite ruleset.
    Played WHFRP 2nd ed with my friends a lot when we were younger. Though I got every Book in my shelve I see a lot of benefit using FG to play.

I downloaded the file and was concerned to see that there where no modules within it.
    Didn't know FGU was "the wrong" choice to use this, but I was really reliefed to see that a port is in the Pipe.

I am new to FG and new to this community, but Paul Pratt, you are my man already!
    Keep up the good work. I can wait a little longer xD

Sorry I have been silent for awhile out on work assignment. With some luck I should be back home in a week or so and will finally get a chance to wrap up the FGU fixes. Hang in there, and thanks for the patience everyone.

Update to FGU fix extension

Hi Paul, take all the time you need. I am sure there are some automatics broken by my quick and dirty fix, but 99% seems to work fine.

Updated Post: removed FGU quick and dirty fix, please use updated version of pak instead
    Last edited by iiivsion; February 24th, 2021 at 18:26.

New .pak file uploaded. This pack is compatible with FGU and FGC. It is current to the FGU/FGC 2-2021 update.

I expect some bugs, please screen shot any errors and post them. Everything seems to work in my testing, but there is bound to be some things I missed. There are some graphical improvements needed for FGU since the font is different. I fixed the major ones. there are some buttons and text that need to be adjusted, that is for the next push. There isn't anything I see that is a major issue currently. I would like to make sure this FGU/FGC set works for smoothly for both engines, then I will go back and tweak the graphics.

First of all, thank you very much Paul :-)

Tested it, works just fine, apart from three minor things (campaign still works fine):
    - The Iconset for the menu items on the right side are missing/not found. I wil get the "default" pics as replacement.
    - Fonts of Weapon Quality is to big/fat
    - I get the following per weapon entry (which may be [2/26/2021 9:42:18 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/weapon_utility.lua"]:41: attempt to call field 'getRecordType' (a nil value)
    [2/26/2021 9:42:18 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (charsheet_combat)
    ==> [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/weapon_utility.lua"]:41: attempt to call field 'getRecordType' (a nil value) is also happening when adding/creating a new weapon.

@iiivsion The iconset is gone. The new standard are for text back sidebar buttons. The old icon shields have been removed from the rule set.

The FGU fonts are not optimized for the ruleset, there is plenty of graphical work to do. Offsets are wrong, reworking sizes and weights. It's alot of work and effects FGC as well. I will be tackling that at a later date.

As far as the error, I can not recreate it. Is the error from FGU? Did you right-click create the weapon, or use the add button? Was it a PC or NPC?

The best way to add weapons by the way is to drop an item on the inventory list. When you do it will automatically add it to the weapon list or equip armor.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; February 27th, 2021 at 20:36.

New .pak is up with some bug fixes. The fonts that are used are from CoreRPG. I have fixed the placement of some labels and the add/edit buttons. The add buttons are always visible now as a standard for rule sets based on CoreRPG. Fixed some issues with list filters and double checked the effects work properly.

Let me know if anything else is found. If anyone out there is a graphics person, a skin for this ruleset would be cool. To avoid a rewrite of most of the .xml, the frames should be able to line up with the current CoreRPG standards. If anyone wants to tackle this let me know.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; February 28th, 2021 at 17:01.

Thread Information