Starfinder Playlist
Page 34 of 44 First ... 243233343536 ... Last
    hi just to say thanks Paul for you work, i look forward to your FGU conversion (sorry for my english i'm baguette ^^ )
    Last edited by eldwind; October 18th, 2020 at 04:35.

This is not working on FGU, Right? ):
    If it is, i have two problems.
    First, any roll i made have a bonus d10 applied, and this is driving me nuts.
    Second, how do i define damage of weapons, using strenght bonus?

No, it isn't working on FGU.

Paul, I was wondering if it were possible to make a button effect for talents like you have for trappings. I know talents for the most part are persistent, but sometimes they shouldn't be used. Perception, for example, currently if someone has acute hearing and and excellent vision, while both are persistent, there are situation you can hear but not see and times things are see not hear.

@Mojosta,

Let me look at this. Frankly I agree with you. But space is limited on the character sheet. What I have been doing is using the Useable Gear list for effects that result from circumstantial talent use. An area on the talent page makes more sense, let me see if a good layout can be done.

Thanks for all your hard work in getting this ruleset together. We've used the classic ruleset now for two years and it's been great. I was wondering if you had an ETA on when the Unity ruleset will be available? Classic has become unplayable now with all the updates they've done. I've had crashes and map failures recently with some data loss. I'm putting my campaigns on hold for the moment so i don't lose anymore data. I'll be holding back Warhammer withdrawals until your new ruleset is ready. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckleball Ned View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work in getting this ruleset together. We've used the classic ruleset now for two years and it's been great. I was wondering if you had an ETA on when the Unity ruleset will be available? Classic has become unplayable now with all the updates they've done. I've had crashes and map failures recently with some data loss. I'm putting my campaigns on hold for the moment so i don't lose anymore data. I'll be holding back Warhammer withdrawals until your new ruleset is ready. Thanks again!
    Have you sought help in the technical area? Cause that's unusual.

I'm a regular FG:Classic user and I use WFRP 2E regularly and have not experienced crashes/map failures. Classic has crashed from time to time but rare enough and have never lost data because of it. I notice though that it doesn't like masking large maps especially if you mask a large area, and it will freeze; any subsequent clicking to attempt to leave the freeze, it may crash. But that's always been the case I find with FG in any ruleset. WFRP 2E is still very much playable in classic for myself.

Also I echo those words of appreciation - serious gratitude to Paul for this ruleset, without it, I would seriously struggle to get the enjoyment out of the games using something else and this ruleset has served to be my bread and butter for my Gming experience. So many thanks Paul!

@Knuckleball Ned,
    I can't recreate a crash or map failure. I have tried several ways and am pretty stable. I know of a few smaller items in WHFRP 2e that need an update from the latest patch. It sounds like the map files you are using may be too large. In FGC it is recommended to not use images over a certain size. I want to say that was 2000 x 2000. Are your maps larger than that?
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; November 10th, 2020 at 03:10.

Hi @Paul Pratt,

as I am running my campaign of Enemy within now with your 2nd edition ruleset (migrated from the 1st edition Warhammer), I wanted to thank you for the great Job you did with this one! I am also using Calender and Moon extensions, and it is a great experience for me and my players.

Also, there is a small extension I have to offer:
    - To the NPC tab I added an additional tab containing the CoreRules original "Note" field. That enabled me to migrate my modules from CoreRules-compatible Warhammer 1st edition to Warhammer 2nd without loosing the NPC information in the notes field. Also it enabled me to quickly testrun a Morecore 4th edition evening to test 4th edition rules.
    - Second Change was to disable the "prefill code" for the basic skills. I could drag and drop the skills I need. For most NPCs, I don't use much skills. But I have _plenty_ NPCs in EnemyWithin Campaign, and the filled skill lists were spamming the modules xml-files with not needed information. (Surely, I could also use the Story-Pages for some NPCs, but I really like to be able to group the NPCs and keep them recordwise seperated).

I appended the extension, it is a copy of the original files from your ruleset, patched to reflect the two mentioned changes, free to use/adopt/change from my perspective as long as you are OK with that. Again, thank you for the great ruleset you created!

Another topic: 7cubicles seems to be rethinking it's content publishing strategies for Online/VTTT RPGs. It would be kind of neat if they would collaborate with Fantasygrounds in the future. Have you heard any plans or ideas on that? Ok, sure they will be interested in doing it in 4th edition Warhammer and also "new" 40K; regardless, if that would mean I would not have to convert all of the campaign into modules myself would be a great help...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    From Space, hm? I heard it is pretty cold out there that time of year...

Quote Originally Posted by iiivsion View Post
    I appended the extension, it is a copy of the original files from your ruleset, patched to reflect the two mentioned changes, free to use/adopt/change from my perspective as long as you are OK with that. Again, thank you for the great ruleset you created!

Another topic: 7cubicles seems to be rethinking it's content publishing strategies for Online/VTTT RPGs. It would be kind of neat if they would collaborate with Fantasygrounds in the future. Have you heard any plans or ideas on that? Ok, sure they will be interested in doing it in 4th edition Warhammer and also "new" 40K; regardless, if that would mean I would not have to convert all of the campaign into modules myself would be a great help...

Yeah, they licensed 4th Edition to FoundryVTT - based on the work of a modder who initially received a cease & desist from C7 regarding copyright content he was doing for the 4th edition ruleset. That got him to discuss things with C7 and that led to C7 releasing official content for Foundry. Pretty neat.

Would never happen with 2nd edition though, but there's a chance it may with Fantasy Grounds.

Thread Information