5E Character Create Playlist
Page 12 of 44 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last

Added reference library for Skills, Talents, Spells and a Generic Reference that could be used for Careers, Races, Traits, Mental Disorders etc.

The generic data is similar to the talents, just a name, and area to write out the information, but you can build more custom content and use the library categories to sort and store the different types.

Wow, thank's very very much! Im most grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    Added reference library for Skills, Talents, Spells and a Generic Reference that could be used for Careers, Races, Traits, Mental Disorders etc.

The generic data is similar to the talents, just a name, and area to write out the information, but you can build more custom content and use the library categories to sort and store the different types.
    Nice!

Was this updated already in the pak? I downloaded it from the first post but don't see any changes.

I updated the .pak file. I think I posted the incorrect file. Try this one and let me know. Remember to see the new features head over to the Library button on turn on Skills, talents, Reference, and Spells.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; September 12th, 2017 at 02:23.

Wow everything is working well. Good job
    Thanks for the work

OMG thank you so much keep it coming
    Big Hugs
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

i haven't played WHFRP since the early 90's and i recently picked up the awesome humble bundle for 2nd ed.

can someone explain how to transpose the info from the book into the data fields for item creation in FG? some tags are obvious like cost, availability, and encumbrance, which are simple copy/paste from the book. however i'm unsure about the others.

would someone mind posting an example of one of these weapons from the book entered into FG for me so i have something to reference?

weapon list.PNG
    item input.PNG

Klingbeil,

The damage entry for the dagger should be:
    Damage: 1d10
    Damage Bonus: -3
    Damage Type: Impact or I (this is the default type to use)
    Armor Piercing: 0 (If the description of the weapon, usually bows or arrows/bolts lists it as armor piercing there will be a number value attached to it. Enter that number - usually 1, sometimes 2. If the weapon like the dagger has no notes then enter 0.)
    ----------
    Range: Empty (for ranged or thrown weapon - enter the book value)
    Reload: Empty (for ranged weapon - enter the book value)
    Rate of Fire: Empty (for ranged weapon - enter the book value)
    Special: Empty (Enter the weapon "Qualities" - enter them as written in the rules.)

Notice when you expand the weapon's entry (second row, first icon- click it to expand) - there are three more rows. Qualities, Mods, Quality.
    Qualities: These correspond to the Weapon Qualities you entered in "Special" field. Click the check circles that match.

Mods: Weapon talent - click this if the Character has the correct talent to use the weapon. The rest of the entries are a bit different for melee and ranged weapons but mainly apply to various talents. **Note ranged weapons and Ranged SB - this is Ranged weapon uses Strength bonus for damage. Check it if the rule books weapon list entry for damage is "SB" +/- x (like SB+1).

Quality: This is the actual quality of the weapon Best Good Poor - these add modifiers.

Once this is entered, the ruleset automation will take care of the calculations for damage. It will automatically add the Strength Bonus (SB) for melee weapons, and take into account the various modifiers set up following these steps.

If you are familiar with Fantasy grounds and the Combat Tracker, Maps, adding tokens and targeting, then the automation will figure damage and compare to toughness/armor and apply the damage. If you aren't; there are some great YouTube tutorials, watch those to get the most out of FG.

Hope that helps! - Paul
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; September 28th, 2017 at 08:21.

thank you so much for your help here, Paul
    i am SO happy to have found that someone made this ruleset. my D&D group is kind of spoiled with FG now and i probably couldn't get them to play WHFRP otherwise.

couple questions:
    1) are the melee and ranged weapons supposed to have the same sheet?
    i'm only asking because i'm starting to think the link on the front page is out of date. i'm not seeing most of what you describe in the Items creation section.
    I'm running:
    Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2.0 Ruleset v1.4
    (Based on CoreRPG/3.5)
    by Paul Pratt
    see image for the table i'm working with
    item input.PNG

2) what do i enter as "Sub-Type"?
    or is that just for personal reference?

3) what do i enter for class?

4) not seeing a "quality" field in the list

5) where do i enter "Qualities"?
    for instance, the Buckler has:
    Balanced, Defensive, Pummelling

the DM for my D&D5e group (also on FG) is getting burnt out so i offered to run WHFRP as something new. right now i'm trying to create the weapons, armor, and etc from the core book so players can just drag and drop the gear to their character sheet and so i can make simple treasure parcels or shopkeeper inventory.

1. In the item record, the image you linked. The "Melee Weapon" field is actually a cycler button. Click thru it for the different types of items you can create.

2. Sub type is for things that the rule book weapon lists call Group. Sub type was used so we could build generic items as well.

3. Class is specific to Melee or Ranged

4. Quality is not on the item record. When you drop a weapon onto the weapons area on the character sheet, you will it.

5. Rule book weapon list "Qualities" are entered into the Special field on the item record.

Head over to this thread and download the Dark heresy guide. It's the pdf file.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-v1-for-FG-3-2

The WHFRP and that Dark heresy ruleset are for the most part the same. That guide will assist you for warhammer.

Thread Information