DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 28 of 37 First ... 182627282930 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    I am able to create a Random Encounter template, just fine, and it will generate an encounter record, but it doesn't autofill the CR or XP (and there's no re-calculate buttons). Do you know the state of that?
    There was never an included auto-calculation of CR or XP in the PFRPG ruleset (or 3.5E), it was up to the GM to fill it out themselves. Probably because in 3.5E the CR/XP calculation can get complex based of the party levels etc. and so it was left to the GM to fill out as required.

There was an extension created by RTFallen that auto calculated XP/CR for an encounter, but that is no longer maintained and not fully compatible.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, I remember that extension, although I never attempted to use it.

Thanks for the explanation. And, just to be clear, by not explicitly saying that the feature, overall, doesn't work, are you saying that,
    "Yes the Random Encounter feature is working for PFRPG to the extent that it can.

Which is to say that it has the means of randomizing the counts of NPCs/Monsters, as specified by the creator of a template, but it does not have the ability to then autocalculate the resulting CR or XP."
    Right?

- s.west
    Last edited by swest; November 7th, 2016 at 21:31. Reason: clarification

3.5E/PFRPG encounters don't calculate CR/XP, full stop.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I wasn't referring to the autocalculation aspect. I was just talking about the Random Encounter feature itself.

And, I don't know why I even asked you for that clarification, since, by creating my own Random Encounter template (in PFRPG), and then using it to generate an encounter record, I had already answered my own question...

Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    I wasn't referring to the autocalculation aspect.
    I read you asking: "are you saying that ... Which is to say that it has the means of randomizing the counts of NPCs/Monsters, as specified by the creator of a template, but it does not have the ability to then autocalculate the resulting CR or XP." as you asking for clarification on auto calculation.

The new (and very nice) story generation functionality won't work for players. i.e. if the GM shares a random story record with the players and they click "Generate" there is an error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/story_template_generate.lu..."]:25: openWindow: Invalid parameter 2

Kinda expected as players can't create the story ("encounter") db node.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    spite and Talley Darkstar - what windows are you working in when this happens?
    Can you make those windows taller? I know, i know... just try it.
    Holy guacamole, this worked. I was opening a window with 1672 feats (all feats in Heroic Tier of 4e) and this fixed it completely. I got existed and tried it with the full list of all feats from 4e (3200 odd) and it didnt work, but getting the heroic feats to work is awesome.

What is it about the window height?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Holy guacamole, this worked. I was opening a window with 1672 feats (all feats in Heroic Tier of 4e) and this fixed it completely. I got existed and tried it with the full list of all feats from 4e (3200 odd) and it didnt work, but getting the heroic feats to work is awesome.

What is it about the window height?
    Its a dwarf thing....

DLR extension hot fix pushed.

JPG

Thread Information