5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 34 of 37 First ... 243233343536 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nothing to do with a haunt, Fantasy Grounds isn't designed to change indicators like that for creature types.

It's a facing indicator. Try turning it off and then back on in the campaign options. Turn it off if you don't use facing.
    Could you clarify what you mean when you say, "Fantasy Grounds isn't designed to change indicators like that for creature types". I haven't changed anything.

I have never seen this before now. We don't use token facing, so I had probably set it to 'off' in the options, but I would have done that when I first started using FG back in 2014. Were all the options reset during this update?

Anyway, I tried the off/on, and that didn't change its scaling behavior. It still doesn't scale. I will be leaving it off since, as I mentioned, we don't use it, but if it is on, for those that use it, shouldn't it scale? Like the little health indicator?

Thanks for the help in turning it off.

- s.west

[edit] Regarding my 'change indicators' question, I think I understand what you meant. I tried the same thing with a regular NPC/monster, and got the same behavior with the same 'flare' (which I can now see is an arrow, duhhh... It was so big, and fuzzy, when initially placed, that I couldn't even tell that it was an arrow). So, you are saying that the facing indicator doesn't change whether it is a 'creature', 'trap/haunt', or 'vehicle' (which are the types of NPC at the bottom of a new NPC window). Right?
    Last edited by swest; November 15th, 2016 at 16:14. Reason: answering one of my own questions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post

[edit] Regarding my 'change indicators' question, I think I understand what you meant. I tried the same thing with a regular NPC/monster, and got the same behavior with the same 'flare' (which I can now see is an arrow, duhhh... It was so big, and fuzzy, when initially placed, that I couldn't even tell that it was an arrow). So, you are saying that the facing indicator doesn't change whether it is a 'creature', 'trap/haunt', or 'vehicle' (which are the types of NPC at the bottom of a new NPC window). Right?
    Correct, the facing indicator has nothing to do with any properties of the token or the creature it represents (except maybe size/scale). I've seen similar problems with the health dots on rare occasions. Which seems to be related to the image/map size sometimes. Though other times after re-exporting the module and creating a new campaign I don't see the problems.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Correct, the facing indicator has nothing to do with any properties of the token or the creature it represents (except maybe size/scale). I've seen similar problems with the health dots on rare occasions. Which seems to be related to the image/map size sometimes. Though other times after re-exporting the module and creating a new campaign I don't see the problems.
    I am still in the development Campaign (i.e., pre-export)... Also, it is interesting that you mention image/map size. The map that I am working with is 8000x5000... ?

By the way, it seems clear now that this entire subject has nothing, whatsoever, to do with v3.2. So, we can move on. I will not be using the facing feature anyway, so I don't want to continue to clutter the thread with irrelevancies.

If there is further interest (by the devs, or anyone else) in this, just PM me, and I'll go off and create another thread in the right place.

Thanks, guys.

- s.west

v3.2.0
    PFRPG
    No error messages

Ok, I'm back... So, when I got started again (finishing up my dev Campaign, for export) after the v3.2.0 update, I was going along adding Maps and Images to my Story items, and everything was fine. When I dragged a Map over, I would get a link, with the name of the Map displayed in the Story entry.

Then, all of a sudden, that behavior changed, and dragging Maps to my Story entry would result in the correct Link, but the name was now, "Unidentified Map/Image".

The before and after Images/Maps were all from the same pile. They all had the Universal Symbol (red circle with a line through it) for Unidentified.

I have no idea what I could have changed. In fact, I can say with 99.99% certainty, that I changed nothing, because I remember dragging one over and getting the correct Title, and then the next one, dragged to the same Story item, suddenly was Unidentified...

Anyway, to get the correct Image/Map name to show up, now I have to click on the ID, make it green, drag it to the Story entry, and then click it Red (if I don't want the players to have the Identity info).

??

Thanks.

- s.west

v3.2.0
    PFRPG
    No error messages

Ok, I'm back... So, when I got started again (finishing up my dev Campaign, for export) after the v3.2.0 update, I was going along adding Maps and Images to my Story items, and everything was fine. When I dragged a Map over, I would get a link, with the name of the Map displayed in the Story entry.

Then, all of a sudden, that behavior changed, and dragging Maps to my Story entry would result in the correct Link, but the name was now, "Unidentified Map/Image".

The before and after Images/Maps were all from the same pile. They all had the Universal Symbol (red circle with a line through it) for Unidentified.

I have no idea what I could have changed. In fact, I can say with 99.99% certainty, that I changed nothing, because I remember dragging one over and getting the correct Title, and then the next one, dragged to the same Story item, suddenly was Unidentified...

Anyway, to get the correct Image/Map name to show up, now I have to click on the ID, make it green, drag it to the Story entry, and then click it Red (if I don't want the players to have the Identity info).

??

Thanks.

- s.west
    Correct. Images are by default now unidentified. You can give the map an alternative name by clicking in the top bar and typing something into it. Then when you link it to a story it will use whatever name you give it. Otherwise it will say unidentified.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, type the image name in the story entry before dragging the link. FG won't overwrite text that already exists with link names. (You can hit Ctrl+5 to make a line of text into an empty link first if you want.)
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    The feature - taking the name of the object as well when you create a link from it is supposed to make things quicker for you. You can edit the name that is shown in he link text.
    The other issue... try right click on one of your tokens and release scaling.... I think somewhere you have saved a scaled token which is affecting the display f the inbuilt tokens.

jedorian,

Found another minor thing. When equipping a shield, it adds the AC value to the armor category and not to shields.
    I just test this in both 5E and 3.5E/PFRPG, and it's working fine for me.

A couple things to check:
    * See if you have any extensions loaded.
    * Make sure that the shield record has a Type = "Armor" and a Subtype = "Shield" (Same for both 5E and PFRPG/3.5E)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The feature - taking the name of the object as well when you create a link from it is supposed to make things quicker for you. You can edit the name that is shown in he link text.
    The other issue... try right click on one of your tokens and release scaling.... I think somewhere you have saved a scaled token which is affecting the display f the inbuilt tokens.
    Thanks. I tried that, but no matter what, the facing pointer will not scale. Like I said, I won't be using it, so I will just leave off that option.

Back to the ID'd maps/images. The thing that I was reporting was its change in behavior. It wasn't a question about the feature itself (although I now have a new question about that, which, before I ask it, I need to go research.) After I updated to v3.2.0, which enabled that image ID feature, I went back to working on my Campaign, and I was dragging images and maps into my story entries, and getting the default name showing up along with the link. Then, all of a sudden, it stopped behaving like that, and from that point forward I only got the "Unidentified" label... But, frankly, as long as it doesn't change again, for no apparent reason, I guess I don't care. It appears to be doing what it was supposed to be doing in the first place.

Anyway, now the problem is that I guess I don't understand the Feature. I thought that the whole ID vs non-ID thing was that if it was non-IDed, when I shared it with players, there would be no Title, or "Unidentified", or whatever. But, it doesn't matter whether it's red (non-IDed) or green (IDed), when I share it the person I shared it with sees the Title of the image... so, I guess I am going to have to do re-read what I thought was an obvious Feature.

I will probably be back with more questions about this behavior, because I'm pretty sure it is not working like it is supposed to. I will have pictures demonstrating it when I post the next time.

Thanks.

- s.west

Well, I probably shouldn't have applied the 3.2.1 update before continuing with my testing, but I did... and when I went back to try the Image/Map ID/non-ID feature again, suddenly I found it to be working for me the way that I thought it should have in the first place.

I'm sure you will chalk it up to operator error. So be it. I don't care, as long as it is working for me.

Thanks.

- s.west

Thread Information