DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Targeting Wonkiness

So, it appears players and the GM can target characters by control-left clicking on the target in the map and which will allow either auto rolling against the target or dropping on the combat tracker. However, under no circumstances can any of us drop the attack directly on the map (with or without the prior control click) - and dropping on the combat tracker does not work unless the control-left click target has already been done. Any idea why that is? The lower left hand target icon by the modifier box is set to "use current target for rolls"....but even when I change that, there is no difference. Neither does changing the targeting method in the options screen.

Unrelated, but also a bit of an issue - I am unable tpo drag a benny as the gm from an enemy wildcards bennies in the combat tracker to the damage about to be applied. Any idea what would cause either situation?

No- every file in the rulesets folder has the .pak extension. Would running an update potentially catch the issue? I'll try it anyway on the off chance it works and report back).

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Do you have any unpacked /corerpg or /savageworlds folders in your /rulesets folder?

Blog Entries
    Delete the SavageWorlds.pak and CoreRPG.pak
    Run the update.
    Clear actors from the Combat Tracker and any tokens on the map.
    See if the issue occurs after you add them back in.

The update (without clearing as you suggested) didn't do it - but I found the source. Now it may still be user error, but when I remove the Enhanced Images extension, targeting works as normal. I thought I was using the extension properly (no hex grid and placing tokens on top level without masking on a Core based ruleset), but I must be doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Talen; October 24th, 2016 at 15:42.

Blog Entries
    'tis very likely some of your tokens have found their way onto the wrong layer....

Blog Entries
    The image layer extension isn't compatible with Savage Worlds. Not only will you run into targetting issues but you also won't be able to use the small, medium, large blast or burst templates (the official SW ones anyway). I was a big fan of the extension because I could furnish a map, use vehicles and build maps with tiles/tokens but since one of the SW developer at the time didn't use it, he didn't want to make it compatible. Maybe Ben will be willing to take a look at it one of these days. We can only hope.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Thanks for the heads up mask. I thought it worked in all core rulesets but thanks for the confirmation....at least it wasn't user error on my part again.....at least apart from using a non-compatible extension.

Thread Information