STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I just basically wasted my money on this platform for the same reason. It doesn't even remotely work, and just gives me string errors when I try to add any image. It's not even clear where the map area is. 170 bucks down the drain. I could have met my objectives ten times faster with paint at this point, why is it so difficult for a user to just drop their background onto the map and set it as a layer?

It also doesn't show any of the images I keep adding into my campaign folder, and won't drop any premade images into the interface either, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by xSplattSx View Post
    I just basically wasted my money on this platform for the same reason. It doesn't even remotely work, and just gives me string errors when I try to add any image. It's not even clear where the map area is. 170 bucks down the drain. I could have met my objectives ten times faster with paint at this point, why is it so difficult for a user to just drop their background onto the map and set it as a layer?

It also doesn't show any of the images I keep adding into my campaign folder, and won't drop any premade images into the interface either, well done.
    That is an old thread

What exactly do you try to do? When you e.g. drag&drop assets into a map, it will be automatically there as a separate layer When you drag&drop it into the tile stamp thingy, then you can even adjust its size before you add it to the map

Maybe open a separate thread, then it is easier to help (because many might not look in such an old thread)

EDIT: Just in case, there is a 30-days refund guarantee for the FG store

Also there IS a free demo, that is fully functional other than it can't save your data.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Also there IS a free demo, that is fully functional other than it can't save your data.
    Campaigns in FGU can be saved with the demo version. The difference is that the network connectivity is disabled, FG will indicate "Networking disabled for Free licenses", so you can't connect a player instance.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by xSplattSx View Post

Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues. We're not sure exactly what may be the cause of the problems you're experiencing based off this post. As has been mentioned above, it will be better if you start a new thread detailing exactly the issues you're having and then we'll be able to help. Thousands of people are using Fantasy Grounds every week without reporting any issues, so I'm sure you problems are just an isolated case and can be fixed with some support.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay, so I discovered the problem. Unlike some programs, which inform you that they are still doing things in the background, I think the program was still uploading libraries on my desktop. I did literally just install it, but as an eager "gamer", I jumped in to start making a campaign!... but alas.... and if that wasn't the case, I don't rule out that it was my computer, but I have a $4,500 machine, and I am testing programs that interest me as a business major, especially if I can think about how to market them. I'm a D&D [I]freak[I], and I want this to work, but let me just tell the tell the tale of how the above post basically transpired.

Why did I buy that whole kit and kaboodle? Because I want the full experience? Next question...

I uploaded a simple image to a special folder I excitedly made to store my "goodies" on the desktop. Initially, my image wouldn't show up, so I just tried to use the "free" assets. Assets would open the file, but then just open it my default image program when I clicked open. I would assume it would open it in FGU. Do you really think users are going to want to have to manually switch their desktop's default settings to FGU every time they use this "game". I still haven't even bothered, this program has become a bother, and I'm thinking "okay, go back in, change blah blah..., tinker tinker", but why am I doing aso easy that users will approach it exponentially. It's a gold mine. There is nothing wrong with bringing the world of imagination to others. Moving on...

After 20 minutes of failing to do what a beginner might naturally want to do is put down a background of some trees and rocks where a goblin or kobold may be hiding, for example, I'm a nerd.... Layer 1... I went though the insane and frustrating process of troubleshooting access to the folder in every way imaginable. After like 20 tries, the image finally showed up, but it still wouldn't open in FGU. I couldn't even do that, sigh, so I wrote the post.

AFTER writing my post of frustration, I still don't know how to get a darn background. The fact that people are flocking to Unity is great, but and I don't think I'm an idiot, and there is a way to do this better. As to why I went for the full package, revisited? I OWN it now. Evolution is expected, if a "new program" comes out tomorrow, I'm out. I know it will be updated, right? But I feel a little violated with the "buy in cost". especially seeing that campaigns are like 30 bucks! Woah, I mean I think a subscription model would be so much better, you'd make bank even if you had to somehow "compensate" us, probably through lifetime access to people who own the program. Don't you own the licenses to all this D&D stuff? Give it to us! AND I guarantee your current users ARE the people you want to just be in your game for free, they are your most loyal userbase, and I would love to see what they are able to create if you did that.

FGU needs to think about its users approach the game, how they think about D&D, and about how to make a "program" (which is already consumer negative), and how you shouldn't need a superior level of effort to do basic things. Minecraft is easier? If you want some ideas, talk to me. Anyways, It's Friday, I might play, I might not, but Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. I'm going to go checkout Roll 20... I'll check back in on this post tomorrow. Don't ask how I posted it here, it's complicated.

xSplattSx

We provide a 30-day money back guarantee on anything purchased through our web store, so please take advantage of that if you are not satisfied with your purchases.

The pricing of products other than the core software is up to the publisher of each DLC book; and publishers have not approved providing books on subscription.

There is a user manual for the product that you can find here:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...s/FGU/overview

And there is a group that provides classes for new users as well:
    https://fantasygroundscollege.net/

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information