5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Can't add images anymore.

Hello there. I have previously successfully added two images to my campaign (in the making), but now today the images I put in the "folder" won't load in the "maps" window..

I've checked and double checked it's the correct folder and installation path. If I manually add a "drawing" through the maps window I can find it in the "drawings" folder, so I'm pretty sure that the images folder I'm inserting my map/picture files into are correct.

Is this a common problem or is it just me? Any suggestion or solution?

Regards
    - Z

Blog Entries
    Welcome Zhakathoom

Have a look at the bottom of the Images window - there will be one or more tabs. Make sure your images havent gone into a different tab to what you were expecting. If you find them in the wrong place - drag them to the correct tabs Icon and they will update.
    Make sure you are on the correct tab when you launch the folder window to drag the images in on.

Thank you so much for getting back to me on this Damned.
    I only had 3 tabs: the story one, the FG battlemaps and the DD Dungeon master tab.
    I'm not sure if I understand you correct, but do you mean that if I have the, lets say; dungeonmaster tab active, and then click "folder" and drop images into that folder it will populate the dungeonmaster tab of the images window?
    That sounds really odd and unintuitive to me..

I did find a fix though; I renamed the old images folder, launched the game and then copied the files from the old to the newly created "images" folder. That autopopulated the images list with all the images. Seems to be working again.

Regards
    - Z

Blog Entries
    It does seem counter-intuitive that you might accidentally add images to the Dungeon Masters Guide but it is useful if you were wanting to add new images to your Storm King Thunder DLC for example. You also might have your Tabs broken up into 2 or more parts of the adventure you are working on eg "Triboar", "The Forest", "The Temple".
    In your case it sounds like it may have been a glitch.

Hm. Yes you have a valid point. But then it should be more of a conscious decision to add pictures from the folder and into the image/map window of FG: Why not make it so you need to drag and drop from the folder and directly onto the window to add pictures?

I don't know, maybe this isn't a problem. I'm very, very new to this so I shouldn't voice any issues yet really.

Regards
    - Z

Blog Entries
    Unless you are on Mac/Linux ou can drag and drop images from Explorer onto the Images window in FG and they will go into that current tab.
    All voices are heard here Fresh eyes and fresh opinions count too.

Also, if you open a Windows file explorer by using the "folder" button, FG doesn't look for new images until you close the file explorer window. So: Click folder button, copy image files into the images directory, close explorer - then your new images should appear in Fantasy grounds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm on Windows 10, but drag and drop functionality isn't working on my stationary computer. I see the pointer change to the "Pluss" symbol, but it doesn't work. I just tried again now on my laptopcomputer, and that work.

The reason it might not have updated when I added pictures to the folder because it only updates on closing the folder would have been perhaps been spot on if the "folder" button opened a new folder window each time it's clicked, but it doesn't. I am a hundred percent certain I closed the folder multiple times. I even restarted the entire program several times.

Good suggestions though.

Thanks
    -z

Blog Entries
    Zhakathoom please go and double check your permissions on your Fantasy Grounds directory - and also the Read Only attribute.

Thanks for your continued support on this issue Damned. I have rechecked my permissions and I'm on admin on this computer, and have full rights on the datafolder. I also checked the read only checkbox, and much to my surprise that was on. I was pretty sure I already turned that off. I turned it off again and tried starting FG again. Still no drag and drop. I can manually add images to the images folder and have them show though.

And when I restarted the computer again today I did the same check again on the data folder: And it's back to "read only" again.. What's going on?

Thread Information