DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone know what the Custom definition in the Effects/Conditions Manager Utility is for? If one could define a custom effect, say "acid-fire" then one could use it, as in DMG: +5 acid-fire and IMMUNE: acid-fire. But I don't think this works. At some point, as part of my Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Options Extension (EVOE) I'd like to add the ability to attach effects to weapons, but adding support for real custom effects might flow hand in hand with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Does anyone know what the Custom definition in the Effects/Conditions Manager Utility is for?
    It allows custom conditions to be created that can be applied to yourself or the target, and then the conditional operators IF: (condition on yourself) or IFT: (condition on target) can be used.

Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post292989
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Yikes, that's impressive, I think it is very near what I was asking for. Thanks Trenloe

The DMGTYPE keyword is really intended for situations where, for example, a weapon becomes temporarily magical or where a spell might allow a weapon to do fire damage in addition to it's normal damage. It's also used extensively to indicate that an NPCs attack is treated as magical. It's not, I think, really intended to add a permanent effect onto a weapon or a PC or an action.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

On a similar note, one of players is playing an Artificer of the Armorer variety. He wants to use his Infuse ability to Enhance his Lightning Launcher on his armor.

So Infuse (Enhance Weapon) makes the targeted weapon magical and gives it a +1 bonus.

The Lightning Launcher is a Ranged +2 weapon that does 1d6 Lightning damage.

If he infuses it, does that make it Ranged +3 and 1d6+1 Lightning, Magical damage?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonYarnell View Post
    On a similar note, one of players is playing an Artificer of the Armorer variety. He wants to use his Infuse ability to Enhance his Lightning Launcher on his armor.

So Infuse (Enhance Weapon) makes the targeted weapon magical and gives it a +1 bonus.

The Lightning Launcher is a Ranged +2 weapon that does 1d6 Lightning damage.

If he infuses it, does that make it Ranged +3 and 1d6+1 Lightning, Magical damage?
    That's how I would do it. Though "Magical" is probably not needed since the only time that I'm aware of that Magical comes into play is for slashing, piercing, bludgeoning damage from non-magical sources.
    edit:Actually, if the infusion is temporary, you could add an effect like;
    ATK:1; DMG1, magical

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That's how I would do it. Though "Magical" is probably not needed since the only time that I'm aware of that Magical comes into play is for slashing, piercing, bludgeoning damage from non-magical sources.
    edit:Actually, if the infusion is temporary, you could add an effect like;
    ATK:1; DMG1, magical
    It lasts until the player cancels it, essentially, but I like this as it would apply to any weapon he uses (FGU mechanically speaking) and as an Effect, it can be turned on or off in the Combat Tracker as needed.

Thank you

Is there a way to remove/ replace a damage type, rather than add one? As in "your damage is radiant instead of its normal type"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    Is there a way to remove/ replace a damage type, rather than add one? As in "your damage is radiant instead of its normal type"?
    I'm not sure your use case, but from what I can imagine it is, not with an effect. You would have to change/edit the original attack. So, if the attack is defined as something like "2d6 fire damage" you would have to edit it to "2d6 radiant damage".

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information