FG Spreadshirt Swag

Help with magic users

Edit - Using The Deadlands Extension
    I'm running practice battles and I'm realizing the magic powers don't have default damage set up.
    A Weird Science Bolt for example.
    Well, maybe I've figured it out.
    I can edit the power to give it 2d6, then if I want to buff it to 3d6, I right click to add one d6 after I picked up the damage roll.
    And if I want to autofire three bolts, I right click for each added shot up to three, giving a total of four dice including the wild die.
    Then I have them manually deduct the power points spent after the action is completed.
    Is that right? Or is there an easier way.

And maybe you can help me with a couple other questions,

Blessed: Since a blessed can pick from any power avail to that class, should I put all the available powers on their character sheet?
    Is the spell class automatically going to modify the faith roll or should I do the negative modifier manually?
    Hucksters: How many spells do they start with and how many should they have with 25xp. I'm starting them out as seasoned.
    Guts: Should I use it or just roll spirit?

One last question, how do I get the blood splatters to show up when a character dies? I'm told this is a special extension, not a built in feature.
    Is the normal way turning the token upside down or deleting it?

Thanks again for your earlier help.
    Last edited by GoddTodd; October 19th, 2016 at 07:09.

I usually create sub-powers when a power has multiple damage output, like bolt. I usually have a 2d6 and a 3d6 one. Yea, you deduct the power points manually, since I often hate using power points that's another reason for creating a sub-power (the 3d6 one will have a -1 penalty, for example).

And that's right for multiple bolts, you drag and then right click until you get the right amount of dice.

Blessed: From what I've quickly read... yea. But I advise you to only add the powers you really intent to use unless you have lots of free time. FG won't know you have to apply a -2 penalty to it, so you should add manually. You could add it to each of the spells, but I'd just put a -2 penalty to my Faith skill. In case you use that skill for anything that's not spellcasting just remember to remove the -2 penalty.

Hucksters: From the description it says it plays exactly like the Arcane Background (Magic) so I'd say the same amount. The amount doesn't change when they level up unless at one of those levels they got an Edge to raise that number.

Guts: I don't really remember, Deadlands is an horror setting and Guts might be really come handy. I'd play with it unless there's a good advice in the book not to.

Blood Splatters: It used to be an extension but it's now a built in feature. Check on Options the Map: Defeated Markers option.

Ps: You should have told that it's about Deadlands, spent a while thinking.

Thanks DrOW. I added an edit to my original post stating it's Deadlands related.

I think Drow pretty much nailed it. As for guts, its up to you but I would carry on using it in Deadlands. Fear is a big deal in the setting and guts is linked with grit. It is probably easier to leave guts in with deadlands. Up to to you though
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Thread Information