DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I've never seen so much activity in this section of the forum. Hopefully the energy and enthusiasm on display carries through to completion - it would be interesting to have another option for OSR style games.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Zhern View Post
    I heard back from Bill Webb of Frog God Games. He reaffirmed that all content in both the Core and Complete Rules (Complete includes additional classes, no rules changes) are usable in the ruleset and as reference modules.
    Fantastic news. Nice one.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Fantastic news. Nice one.
    The only exception is art, which is no big deal, honestly. Frog God Games has been fantastic to work with on this and for putting together the Lost Lands Wiki. I was already a fan of their work but their willingness to work with the community is a tremendous boon for those of us that enjoy OSR-style gaming.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I've never seen so much activity in this section of the forum. Hopefully the energy and enthusiasm on display carries through to completion - it would be interesting to have another option for OSR style games.
    It might take me awhile to get it done but I fully intend to complete it. My biggest limitation is time. I also have a vested interest in completing it - I want to use it too!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Likewise for me. My barrier isn't lack of time, it is lack of knowledge. I have faith I can bust that door down (reaching for my d6). But, at some point, I may need to lean on some of the more experienced guys to be able to work thru some of the challenges ahead.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...k-3rd-printing

The kickstarter is going into the final 24 hours. The $225 complete gamer is becoming a better and better deal as each stretch goal gets hit.

As soon as zhern starts, I will try and help. Probably at first by getting the text ready for inclusion and then slowly looking for bugs.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...k-3rd-printing

The kickstarter is going into the final 24 hours. The $225 complete gamer is becoming a better and better deal as each stretch goal gets hit.

As soon as zhern starts, I will try and help. Probably at first by getting the text ready for inclusion and then slowly looking for bugs.
    I've started on the reference module for the Complete Rules. Once I get that finished I'll be glad to have you all proof it. After that, I'll get started on the ruleset.

To add to what Myrdin said about the Complete Gamer Package from the S&W Kickstarter, here is an unofficial tally of what it comes with from one of the other backers:

Unofficial count of what is included in the complete gamer - all are physical and PDF unless otherwise noted.

Totals
    2 Hardcovers
    6 decks
    34 softcovers
    45 pdfs
    GM screen

Adventures
    Strange Bedfellows (PDF only)
    The Five Maidens by Elizabeth Chaipraditkul
    Zaya’s Promise by Stacy Dellorfano
    Grimmsgate
    MCMLXXV (1975)
    Against Tsathogga
    Hex Crawl Chronicles Valley of the Hawks
    Hex Crawl Chronicles The Winter Woods
    Hex Crawl Chronicles Beyond Black Water
    Hex Crawl Chronicles The Shattered Empire
    Hex Crawl Chronicles The Pirate Coast
    Hex Crawl Chronicles The Troll Hills
    Hex Crawl Chronicles The Golden Meadows
    Splinters of Faith 1: It started with a chicken
    Splinters of Faith 2: Burning Desires
    Splinters of Faith 3: Culvert Operations
    Splinters of Faith 4: For Love of Chaos
    Splinters of Faith 5: Eclipse of the Hearth
    Splinters of Faith 6: Morning of Tears
    Splinters of Faith 7: Heir of Sin
    Splinters of Faith 8: Pains of Scalded Glass
    Splinters of Faith 9: Duel of Magic
    Splinters of Faith 10: Remorse of Life
    (the next section is unclear as the list says 5 adventures but there are six 1 night stands. So I just listed the first 5.)
    One Night Stands 1: Jungle Ruins of Madaro-Shanti
    One Night Stands 2: Death in the Painted Canyons
    One Night Stands 3: The Spire of Iron and Crystal
    One Night Stands 4: Dread Saecaroth
    One Night Stands 5: Scorned
    Hall of Bones (PDF Only)
    Will Be Unlocked At 1000 Backers
    *Current backer total is 999.
    **Black Monastery (PDF Only)
    **Cyclopean Deeps Chapter 1: Down to Ques Querax
    **Cyclopean Deeps Chapter 2: Eye of the Titant
    Bill said the other 3 One Night Stands but there aren't an additional 3. ###Speculation### is that he meant the Saturday Night Specials.
    **Saturday Night Specials 1: The Hollow Mountain
    **Saturday Night Specials 2: Castle Baldemar's Dungeon
    **Saturday Night Specials 3: Ice Tower of the Salka
    **Saturday Night Specials 4: The Mires of Mourning

Hardcovers
    Swords and Wizardry 3rd printing
    Monstrosities

Decks
    Deck of Treasures
    Deck of Spells
    Deck of Hirelings
    Deck of Encounters 1
    Deck of Encounters 2
    Deck of Dirty Tricks

Misc
    S&W DM screen
    Book of Dirty Tricks
    Last edited by Zhern; November 5th, 2016 at 05:12.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    A little easier to do the text for the rules here as there is a word version available. Usually I have to cut and paste from PDF and then remove the extra lf it creates. I have that semi-automated but still need to proof read afterwards.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    A little easier to do the text for the rules here as there is a word version available. Usually I have to cut and paste from PDF and then remove the extra lf it creates. I have that semi-automated but still need to proof read afterwards.
    Hah, I didn't realize there was a word doc. I exported the PDF to text and am working from that. It came out pretty clean and I've only noticed a few small errors from the export.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Tenkar hosts a word version somewhere. I am in China on a slow VPN now and too frustrating to search ...

Thread Information