5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    For emails, all I would need is an automated list of the registered and approved emails that i could cut and paste into my email program. I had players swapping out and always worried I was not up-to-date if I replied all to an older email I sent.
    As mentioned above, this is available on the website in the Events -> Bookings section.

A few GMs seem to have missed the link to this in the booking email notification. An example of the manage bookings page is shown below, you can filter the booking type (confirmed, pending, etc.), manage the booking (accept, reject, etc.) see when the player made the booking, see their name, email address (I've blurred the emails in this screenshot), etc.. This is the master list as it will display up-to-date info for your event bookings.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Had a blast in the games I did manage to play. This was my first FG Con so I was extremely pleased.

Other than what was already said above, my only real "complaints" (and I'm not sure they qualify as full-blown complaints) were:

- It would be cool if the Events List, the My Bookings list, and the full color whatever it was were combined so if I'm booked on one game then there's a colored bar or something highlighting the entire block of time so that I don't accidentally book another game during that time period and have to cancel.

- Seemed like all the "best" or "coolest" (purely from what -- I -- was looking forward to playing) sessions were all running at the same time, so I had to pick and choose one over the others. And that's just the GM's saying "hey, this is my schedule and when I'm available to do this" so as the one guy on the entire FG forums with the most retarded schedule in the world, I get that. That's just me wishing I'd gotten to play more is all.

Otherwise, awesome Con and I'm looking forward to #10. Maybe I'll even get up the nerve to GM something on one of these cons someday...

Blog Entries
    Sure. And then I had to manually check the last email I sent to make sure there were. I changes or cut-and-paste 6 emails each time.

If there was a report that put all approved emails into a list I could cut and paste all at once life would be easier.

As I admitted to you when creating my event, I am not the greatest at reading instructions. I did find that view, though.

You are already emailing me every approved booking or cancellation. Would it be hard to put all the email addresses at the bottom of the email for the approved players?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Would it be hard to put all the email addresses at the bottom of the email for the approved players?
    Yes, it would be hard.

Plus, it could be out-of-date minutes after the email was sent. For real-time-up-to-date status of player booking go to the page I mentioned above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yes, it would be hard.

Plus, it could be out-of-date minutes after the email was sent. For real-time-up-to-date status of player booking go to the page I mentioned above.
    If hard then in April I'll just do it manually again.

Otherwise, everything else went smoothly. Teamspeak worked well and PG&E fixed my power in time. Next time I will have a backup loaded on my laptop. I have a cellular hotspot that I have run games off of.

I was fortunate in that everyone showed up to my game and they were all great. I thought the whole event was organized well and I communicated with my players quite a bit in advance through email which seemed to work well.

On a separate and probably unrelated note, I'm thinking about a short survey to send my players after my sessions. Since I've still be DM'ing less than 6 mos I'd like to get honest feedback on what I'm doing well, what they like and don't like. Thanks again to everyone who made the event possible! It was very cool to be a part of it.
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Thanks to everyone involved in making FG Con happen. You did a wonderful job and a lot of people got many hours of enjoyment from your work.

Perhaps there could be a mechanism where players have to reconfirm their booking about a week before the con or they lose their spot? I guess a lot of the no-shows sign up weeks before and forget about it?
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    Thanks Trenloe, I missed that.

Not to bug you about this... (or at least not negatively). Could a "mailto:[email protected], [email protected], etc" link be created? That would use the GMs own email client and would just be putting the list together for us.

But, since I missed that page, I don't mind cutting and pasting at all. (Much easier than what I did, go to each persons profile etc).

Again, great job guys and no negatives from me.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    Perhaps there could be a mechanism where players have to reconfirm their booking about a week before the con or they lose their spot? I guess a lot of the no-shows sign up weeks before and forget about it?
    I don't think there is any specific correlation to when no-shows actually sign up. And I think that having to confirm spots would create more confusion and issues than the low level of no shows we get - and yes, it is a low level, less than 10%. This is not just an issue with FG Con - you frequently hear on these forums of people not showing up to games. It happens, sometimes for a good reason, sometimes not. All we can do is ask the GMs to directly communicate to the players (but don't spam them) and if they have any concerns to raise them to the FG Con team.

We recommend all GMs are in email contact with their players the week before - to double (and triple) check time, that FG and teamspeak are installed, give further session details and allows the players to communicate with the GM directly. This should be the main avenue for GMs to directly confirm with players and will also open communication channels so the players can directly communicate with the GM. I had two players for one of my sessions email me a few hours before the game to tell me they couldn't make it - this was possible because I'd been in touch a couple of times already with all of the registered players.

Some GMs might not be concerned with no-shows and just roll with it. Others might be more concerned. So we leave the main communication up to the GMs, but we still send generic reminder emails for the whole convention so people shouldn't forget about the convention - and then the players should be checking their "My Bookings" page to see what they've signed up to.

I should thank the no shows, as that gave me the opportunity to play an extra session when I found my wife had no plans Saturday!

Thread Information