DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 17 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Would it be possible to not show the dice rolls for the dice that are being maximized with this extension? It may be confusing for players seeing 2 dice rolling ie(2d8 = 6 + 4), and then the result is say 8 + 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tielc View Post
    Would it be possible to not show the dice rolls for the dice that are being maximized with this extension? It may be confusing for players seeing 2 dice rolling ie(2d8 = 6 + 4), and then the result is say 8 + 4.
    I know you've seen this response already. Mentioning it here for others who may read and spend time responding. There's a good reason why the extension doesn't change the dice rolling but just the result. Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post423434
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My group is liking the ImprovedCritical extension, thanks Theogeek!

I did notice that in 5e the "half" and "max" modifiers didn't work right (er, at all) when this mod was loaded. With a bit of copy-paste and a few edits I added a branch to check for those 2 descriptions and then set the damage roll to maximum on the die/dice, or half the maximum when those modifier buttons are selected. Lua is pretty straightforward thankfully.

If someone wants to make or use the same mods, let me know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sjbehindthescreen View Post
    My group is liking the ImprovedCritical extension, thanks Theogeek!

I did notice that in 5e the "half" and "max" modifiers didn't work right (er, at all) when this mod was loaded. With a bit of copy-paste and a few edits I added a branch to check for those 2 descriptions and then set the damage roll to maximum on the die/dice, or half the maximum when those modifier buttons are selected. Lua is pretty straightforward thankfully.

If someone wants to make or use the same mods, let me know.
    I never noticed that. Perhaps ou could upload here and then if Theo wants he could incorporate into the first post?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, I guess I never tried that. I'd be happy to add it to the original extension if I get time. Or, you could make an "Improved Improved Critical"

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. This is awesome!

Here's the version I hacked on. Again, in 5e the maximum modifier button maxes all the dice, and the half halves all the dice. The critical mod button works as Theogeek intended.

Theogeek, I updated the announcement text so I could tell the difference in testing, but I have no issues with you modding the original and removing my vanity.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was being extremely stupid, never mind. I was downloading the mod on my laptop which I am screen sharing with my workstation using Synergy. I was overwriting it in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Tielc; February 25th, 2019 at 19:59.

This latest update is super awesome TheoGeek! I love it. Have you considered making the effect damage optional? I'm not sure how you would do this.
    Last edited by Tielc; February 25th, 2019 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by sjbehindthescreen View Post
    Here's the version I hacked on. Again, in 5e the maximum modifier button maxes all the dice, and the half halves all the dice. The critical mod button works as Theogeek intended.

Theogeek, I updated the announcement text so I could tell the difference in testing, but I have no issues with you modding the original and removing my vanity.
    IGNORE ALL THIS...I WAS BEING STUPID: [So, I went to test this but your "hack" got overwritten by my update I was working on before I saw this. Can you re-attach it but name it something else so it doesn't overwrite the one I just uploaded? I'd like to check out what you did and possibly incorporate it into the base extension.]

Just DL'd this and will take a look at incorporating the changes.

Thanks!
    Last edited by TheoGeek; February 26th, 2019 at 04:35.

Thread Information