5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 16 of 17 First ... 614151617 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrym View Post
    I'm having trouble with critical hits and damage for the half orc champion in our group. It's not recognizing a 19 as a crit for him(improved critical) and it's not applying the extra die of damage for Savage Attack. Both of those worked fine before the last week's update. Attachment 37645
    Hmmm....the only thing I can think of is that you don't have the "Crit on" and the "Extra crit dice" weapons options set right (clicking the magnifying glass circled in red). It's working for me...

half_orc_crit_settings.jpg

That’s what it was, somehow it got reset. Thanks!

I must say, this extension has been fantastic. Thank you for sharing this extension and keeping it updated.

V/R,
    RHJ

Quote Originally Posted by RedhandJedi View Post
    I must say, this extension has been fantastic. Thank you for sharing this extension and keeping it updated.

V/R,
    RHJ
    Thanks! I just found something else I need to change as well. Some weapons roll effect dice on a critical (for example, weapons with the "sharpness" attribute), and when this extension has "include effect dice" selected, those extra dice are maxxed as well.

Now, given that the intent of this extension is to max dice on criticals which is not standard 5E, it may be perfectly fine to do this.

Looking into how to address this now, so expect another update soon - like maybe another menu option to treat effects that are added because of a critical hit normally.

Blog Entries
    One of our characters has a thunderous critical. I'm good with maxing the critical die, but I guess that is pushing the damage quite a bit huh? So yea, might be best to add or option, or to default to not having bonus crit damage maximized.

I guess in short, I'm good with any solution So, not very helpful!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    One of our characters has a thunderous critical. I'm good with maxing the critical die, but I guess that is pushing the damage quite a bit huh? So yea, might be best to add or option, or to default to not having bonus crit damage maximized.

I guess in short, I'm good with any solution So, not very helpful!
    hehe...

So apparently the sharpness property doesn't do an extra 4d6 damage...it does an extra 14 damage.

But, this did uncover a potential unintended max damage situation, and I'll look into a fix.

What is the thunderous crit you were talking about? Is it like how I misread the sharpness thing (the extra 4d6 on a crit)?

I started looking into that and I may need to intercept the roll earlier to parse it right. By the time my extension sees the roll, it can't tell what the effect dice are from. Sneak attack, for example, adds effect dice, and should be maxxed by the "include effect dice" option, but if something does extra damage on a critical hit, I don't think that should necessarily be maxxed. Basically, everything that the 5e rules say should be "rolled twice" on a crit, my extension will max if that option is selected.

I'll take any suggestions, and your suggestion counts!

Blog Entries
    Its a custom weapon, but I think I got it from the an official item, maybe Drawven thrower? Basically when the weapon hits with a crit, it does an extra 1d8 thunder damage. As you know, FG does support it. And thinking about it I don't think it should be maxed on a crit, since it is damage that only happens on a crit anyway.

The rules on sharpness changed, it used to be 4d6 and in an errata it was changed to 14 for some reason. Maybe too many die rolls? Don't know but imo was a poor decision. Personally I would keep it as a die roll rather than a fixed damage, since FG will automate it anyway and an extra roll and doing the addition won't take but milliseconds.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So, I updated this extension to a new version 4.0 over on the armory. I did that because I simplified some logic, but also added another extension - 5E - Theogeek's Natural 20 that required slight modification to this to make it work.

Instead of confusing the issue by updating this thread, I just created two new threads over there, largely because if you get the Nat20 one, you'lll need 4.0 of Improved Critical, but you can use improved critical 4.0 by itself.

Anyway, check it out and report any issues!

And LordEntrails, with the new version 4.0, damage types of "critical" are no longer maxxed since they only roll if the attack is a critical hit. That's what 5E expects.

So, pick it up and enjoy!

5E - Theogeek's Improved Critical (4.x)

Picked them both up, and all seems right with the world.

I have used this extension for 3 weeks then update 18 came out for pf2 ruleset and now the extension halfway works. Whats happening is once a critical (nat 20) is rolled and damage is then rolled the damage appears correct in chat box but the creature takes 0 dmg. I have to drag and drop the dmg on the creature. I can include Screen shots if my question requires more elaboration.

Thread Information