DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Savage Tales of the Magnificent Seven

This thread is for the seven brave and stalwart heroes who formed a posse and have ridden out to cross the Rio Grande and protect a village from bandits...

Characters:

Virginia Ann Earp - Gunslinger
    Luke Pitt - Harrowed Soldier who does not accept he is actually dead.
    Kwai Chang Caine - Martial Artist roaming america looking for his brother
    Cooper Grannon - Blacksmith who has taken the art further than anyone else (Weird Science)
    Matilda Loomis - Reporter for the Tombstone Epitaph and Shaman
    Kaneonuskatew ("One That Walks On Four Claws") was born to the Cree in Alberta Canada.
    Carmen Valenzuela - Hexslinger
    Last edited by Doswelk; October 3rd, 2016 at 19:25.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Is there any thing specific I should read or look at for reference?

I will try the Gun Slinger if you don't mind..
    Last edited by Batman13; October 3rd, 2016 at 19:46.

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    I am very much looking forward to this, one of my all time favorite movies. Don't care what I play as long as she is well, a she.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellspeth View Post
    I am very much looking forward to this, one of my all time favorite movies. Don't care what I play as long as she is well, a she.
    How's your Mexican accent?*

Carmen is quite fun if you want six guns and sorcery.

* - my accents suck and all Mexicans/Americans/monsters will sound like a Englishman... :P
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman13 View Post
    Is there any thing specific I should read or look at for reference?
    I will try the Gun Slinger if you don't mind..
    Have you played Savage Worlds before?
    If not this is good place to start.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    How's your Mexican accent?*

Carmen is quite fun if you want six guns and sorcery.

* - my accents suck and all Mexicans/Americans/monsters will sound like a Englishman... :P
    Ah senor, dame Carmen, por favor.

Awesome it doesn't matter to me what PC I play. I'm looking forward to having a great time with you guys
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate

Blog Entries
    I'll have to dig out my Deadlands PDFs for my first game here. I might be interested in the Hexslinger if no one else is. Not sure what to think of the Cree guy, I don't remember that from my very brief, very fast flip-through months ago. I'm afraid I'd play him as an "eh"-lien who can weaponize an apology. ::zing!::

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I'll have to dig out my Deadlands PDFs for my first game here. I might be interested in the Hexslinger if no one else is. Not sure what to think of the Cree guy, I don't remember that from my very brief, very fast flip-through months ago. I'm afraid I'd play him as an "eh"-lien who can weaponize an apology. ::zing!::
    Carmen (hex slinger) has been nabbed already I'm afraid...

Batman13 - Virginia Earp
    Ellspeth - Carmen
    DMKevin - Cooper Grannon
    Luke Pitt - goodmaje

Backgrounds

Cooper Grannon:

Coop ain’t scared. Coop has dreams that make this look like a church social.
    “Coop” Grannon’s father was a blacksmith and his grandfather too, so it seemed only natural for Coop to take up the family business. Before long he was one of the most sought-after blacksmiths in all the surrounding towns. Folks would make a special trip to have their horses shod or their Franklin stoves repaired by Coop Grannon himself.

In recent years, Coop’s been inspired to take the blacksmith’s trade to places his forefathers couldn’t have imagined. Although his designs aren’t as sleek and newfangled as one might find in the City o’ Gloom, they’re utilitarian and effective. Instead of a flamethrower, Coop wields his “Self-Igniting Bellows” when trouble rears its ugly head. And with his personally crafted smith’s tools—made from ghost steel—he can sharpen weapons, add extra weight to blunt objects, or “tune up” pistols and rifles. Wearing his googles, apron and gloves grants him increaed protection from projectiles and physical blows.

Kwai Chang Caine:
    - Avoid, rather than check. Check, rather than hurt. Hurt, rather than maim. Maim, rather than kill. For all life is precious, nor can any be replaced.
    - Fear is the only darkness.
    - If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present. But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future. The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
    - I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.
    Half Chinese half American, Kwai Chang Caine is a rambling man journeying across the country looking for his long lost half brother.

Luke Pitt:
    I reckon man is capable of horror enough all by his lonesome without needin’ the boogeyman’s help.
    Luke Pitt served in Union Blue’s forces at the Battle of Lost Angels in 1879. He was on the battlefield when Hellstromme dropped the prototype ghost rock bombs, incinerating hundreds in moments. Luke should have died from the burns he sustained. In fact, he did. But a manitou chose him as the perfect hero to inhabit and debase.

Luke lives by a personal code, but is so blind to the supernatural he can’t accept his own resistance to it nor the fact that he’s possessed by a demon. Most of his body and neck are covered by severe scars and he has a weeping burn on his side that never fully heals. He still carries the rifle he fought with during his Union Blue service, taking odd jobs as a bounty hunter or gunman.

Matilda Loomis:
    You all know I don’t believe in harming anyone, but I’m telling you that thing needs to die.
    The child of an African-American father and an Apache mother, Matilda never felt quite at home in either of her parents’ worlds. Her tribe cast her out, and when she was only eight outlaws robbed and murdered her father. She had no friends or kin in the world. Her luck changed when an Indian Agent—possibly the only honest one in Arizona took her in. The man’s name was John Clum, and he became Matilda’s adoptive father.

Matilda is at home in many worlds, and in none. Although she practices the spirit medicine her mother taught her, she prefers town life as her father did. She honors all living things while making allowances for the modern life she must lead. In recent years Matilda took after her adoptive father as well, becoming a reporter for the Tombstone Epitaph.

"Claws":
    Kaneonuskatew ("One That Walks On Four Claws") was born to the Cree in Alberta Canada.

“Claws,” as his non-native friends call him, is a follower of the Old Ways, but only because he believes it’s the right thing to do. In truth, he’s fascinated by steaming locomotives, clanking machinery, and rotating guns that spit metal storms of death. Claws’ shaman gave him this new name and asked him to journey out into the white man’s world. He know that Claws’ curiosity would only be satisfied if he saw the danger of technology first-hand.

Virginia Ann Earp:
    You picked the wrong Earp to mess with... not that there’s a right one.
    In actual history, young Ginny Earp died at age 3. In Deadlands she grew up to be Hell with a pistol, hiring out her services to Union Blue and Wasatch during the Great Rail Wars. When that work dried up in 1880, Virginia spent several months in Shan Fan trying to forget the horrors of her past.

In 1881 her older brothers wired her from Tombstone, Arizona Territory, where they had their hands in a number of business interests as well as providing the town’s law. Big trouble was brewing, the telegraph said, between the Earp brothers and a gang of no- account outlaws called the Cowboys. Ginny high-tailed it south to Cochise County and never looked back. Much like her brother Wyatt, Ginny is almost as good at using the butt end of her pistols as the barrels.
    Last edited by Doswelk; October 14th, 2016 at 09:04.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Cool stories. I love all of them
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate

Thread Information