DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Answers!

Showing in game modes

Keep in mind this was prepared before 1.0.5c came out, so the capability to list what game modes it shows in wasn't about at that time.

This module is also 100% self contained, so it doesn't require the SRD/d20 rule set. But it shouldn't be an issue for an update to get it to display in the various game modes.

Map issue (secret door)

This was a simple oversight from Thore's crew... the maps for SC are freakin HUGE with tons of details!

But, this to will get addressed in an update.

The IA's built under Campaign Cartographer Pro have player & gm maps for everything, and again back to pre-1.0.5c built module, the zoom function wasn't about, so it would have been very easy to miss this during the conversion.

But have no fear! We shall get an update in place as soon as we can!
    W. Robert Reed III
    Mynex
    - #1 Evil Monkey
    - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
    - El Mono Calvo Malvado

Excellent news, Mynex.

For now, my party got to the hole in the floor, and as GM I'll just encourage them to head downstairs instead of "mopping up this floor" for the time being.

By the time you get the updated version/fix installed, I'll be all set.

Regarding the issues posted today, I will look at them later tonight per Mynex's request.

Thanks!

So where is it

Hiya
    Just downloaded SC module, but cant find it. I have it listed in the module activation window but no maps or anything. What am I doing wrong?

Btw Im using current FG version

Thanks

SC Issues

Folks,

Regarding postings on issues with Sunless Citadel:

Map
    Sorry Rob, but the player map is your fault. That is the one you sent me; however, I will take blame for not catching it.

Also, since CMP is selling the MOD file and not the campaign files, I'm not sure how we're going to deal with this. I can touch up the map in Photoshop and send it to Rob, but he is going to have to figure out a way to get it to those of you who have purchased the product already. He will either have to supply you with a new MOD, or you'll have to add it to the campaign that you're opening the MOD in. I had Rob's mapper remove many of the things in the players map they cannot see, sorry these got overlooked.

Complete SRD
    This product was developed for the default d20 ruleset. Everything you need to run SC is in that ruleset, or was added to the text. I compiled SC long before CSRD was done. I see the issue with the MOD not showing up in the CSRD ruleset -- not sure why that is happening. Probably because the MOD was compiled with the default ruleset. Unless Ville has a some sort of patch for this, you cannot get the CSRD to work with SC unless Rob sells you the actual campaign files. That is his call and not mine.

Game Mode
    I'm a little in the dark on this option/setting. I will be doing research on it shortly. However, and again, because Rob is selling this in a MOD those that purchased it may have to be issued a new MOD for fixes. Again, I don't know enough about "game modes" to comment on this now. If anyone has a work around for this please post it.

Recap: I will send an edited map and MOD to Rob ASAP. How he gets it to you folks is up to him. Any more issues guys let me know.

Thanks for the compliments!

Nevermind. I'm a bonehead. Found it!

Still getting used to the system.

Looks great!

One point on the maps I just saw ... apparently once you open the MOD in a campaign it does uncompress the maps. At that point you can copy over a new one. I believe that will work for a fix outside of Rob supplying a whole new MOD.

Also, be warned that because the MOD is so large it will take a moment to open up with you click the little MOD circle. Don't click it multiple times or you'll crash your active session ...

... he says from experience.
    :lol:

I got Sunless Citadel working in the CSRD

All you need to do is open the CSRD's base.xml and add the following just above the </root> entry:

Code:
    <importinfo>
    	<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
    </importinfo>
    This makes the CSRD compatible with the d20 sets' modules. Who would have guessed, it helps to read the patch notes carefully

This will also work for those who have made custom campaign rulesets and want to use .mods with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Illrigger
    I got Sunless Citadel working in the CSRD

All you need to do is open the CSRD's base.xml and add the following just above the </root> entry:

Code:
    <importinfo>
    	<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
    </importinfo>
    This makes the CSRD compatible with the d20 sets' modules. Who would have guessed, it helps to read the patch notes carefully

This will also work for those who have made custom campaign rulesets and want to use .mods with them.
    Excellent news! Glad that was buried in the release notes for you to find.

I think that I'll have Kevin adjust the xml file to allow this to show in the CSRD mode as the official 'default' for the modules.

Kevin - this was the "Campaign Mode" thing I was trying to remember!
    W. Robert Reed III
    Mynex
    - #1 Evil Monkey
    - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
    - El Mono Calvo Malvado

I picked up the Sunless Citadel this morning and had a chance to go over it this eve.

Technically, it's a great example of how to put together a solid product and for that reason alone I think it's worth the money and is recommended to all FG DMs.

Some of the new maps in the module, particularly building interiors, are a tad weak artwise. They are serviceable for in game use but the floor texture used on them tiles *far* too much and detracts from the overall presentation. They look rushed. I would try to minimize texture tiling in the future. (Computer art is not everyone's forte).

The one thing I expected to see was custom tokens for each of the encounters in the module. These are not present and, IMO, should be for a complete presentation. This merits a deduction and, along with some of the map textures, are my only real complaints so far.

The text and story organization is very good and makes excellent use of hot links within FG's Story Editor. This is extremely well done and should serve as a precedent to the entire community on how to present a PnP conversion.

Overall, a solid effort and a very good example of how to translate a PnP product to FG. Given that the market for this product is a niche within a niche, the production values are reasonably decent, if not very good, subject to some of the maps and the absence of tokens (which I found disappointing).

4 out of 5 stars

Thread Information