DICE PACKS BUNDLE

SWADE Adventure Deck Features Not Working

I have spent the last two hours trying to access features in the Adventure Deck as listed within the PDF. I extracted the AdventureDeckConfig folder, dropped it into the FG Data Extensions folder and it does not list the AdventureDeckConfig as an option that can be selected within FG.

I tried doing an update. I examined the two files in the AdventureDeckConfig folder and both were empty.

FG SWADE shows in the modules SWADE Adventure cards.
    What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Meranda View Post
    I have spent the last two hours trying to access features in the Adventure Deck as listed within the PDF. I extracted the AdventureDeckConfig folder, dropped it into the FG Data Extensions folder and it does not list the AdventureDeckConfig as an option that can be selected within FG.

I tried doing an update. I examined the two files in the AdventureDeckConfig folder and both were empty.

FG SWADE shows in the modules SWADE Adventure cards.
    After the SWADE Adventure Deck update, the sample AdventureDeckConfig was renamed MyCustom_AdventureDeck. In fact you should not even find AdventureDeckConfig named folder within the extension, otherwise you are using out-dated version.

In the most updated version there are three samples you could use as base:

• MyCustom_AdventureDeck
    • SWADE_AdventureDeck
    • SWD_AdventureDeck

The first one is very bare-bone sample of custom Adventure Deck and other ones are actual decks for both SWADE and SWD. You can use any of them as base for your own deck.

Note: Although something was renamed in the update, any existing Adventure Deck configs should work without any issues with the newest version.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

In the middle of finishing a War of the Dead Adventure Card set.
    Got it working after figuring my mismatch between ext and mod files.
    I was searching for stuff on the config of decks, so came across this old thread. Just as a heads up - as of April 20th, the directory AdventureDeckConfig still is present (with 2 empty subdirs) - I even deleted my ext file to grab a new one in case... same thing. It's still there. (I own SWD & SWADE)

I started by taking the MyCustom_AdventureDeck and looking at SWADE/SWD_AdventureDeck for help.

I started some threads - my main confusion or at least my most important one is - is there a way to open various ext and select a combo or decks or sets in decks or do I have to customize each deck to have options to include others (ie decks have to know about each other vs having another extension that can be updated to use the various separately available extension decks?)

The (outdate) Adventure Deck doc in docs still shows some way to combine with AdventureDeckConfig, I think.

Thread Information