STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

SW Global Effects extension

EDIT: This extension is deprecated because the functionality is now included into Savage Worlds Adventure Edition v5.2 and Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition v4.10 releases

This is very simple extension which provides new GM tool (access it from GM tools view). The Global Effects tool can be used to define trait-related effects like in combat tracker, but they will affect to ALL combat tracker combatants.

TODO features:

• Allow GM to define adjustments to any global effects which would adjust the trait modifier. For instance if GM defined Dim light [Trait -1] global effect s/he could define adjument to it that combatants with "Dark vision" edge would ignore the penalty.

EDIT: v0.9 uploaded; this version is compatible only with the latest SavageWorlds 5.1 version that is available in test channel.
    Last edited by Ikael; April 21st, 2020 at 21:08.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanks! I now run this as standard. Particularly useful for Hellfrost as it often has environmental modifiers in locations.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Extension update to be FG v3.2 compatible
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Thanks! I really needed this at my last game so this update will be a huge help. Very useful extension (well, once I figured out that it only affected rolls made by things that are in the combat tracker, anyway. Note to self, always keep the PCs in the combat tracker. )
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    Thanks! I really needed this at my last game so this update will be a huge help. Very useful extension (well, once I figured out that it only affected rolls made by things that are in the combat tracker, anyway. Note to self, always keep the PCs in the combat tracker. )
    The #1 rule for using Fantasy Grounds is: Drag PC Portraits into the Combat Tracker, Drag NPCs into the Combat Tracker, Drag tokens from the Combat Tracker to the Map.
    If you do this any other way most of the smarts just go right out the window. The Combat Tracker is where the magic happens but everything needs to be associated with the Combat Tracker first.

Yeah, I've been through a TON of sessions running things and only recently figured that out. I guess wherever I was looking at for how to run things with FG never really pointed that out, beyond the implied part that most tutorials and such are showing you how to run a combat in FG, so of COURSE you'd put stuff in Combat Tracker, without pointing out the usefulness of leaving things there even when combat isn't running. Figuring that out explained a lot of things I thought were a little odd when it seemed like some things were working sometimes (like Elan) but at other times just didn't seem to be happening. I too easily chalked it up to maybe a crazy combo of extensions I was using or something never realizing the difference was if things were in the combat tracker or not. I may need an extension that pops a note on my screen every time I start FG to remind me to put everything in Combat Tracker! In many ways it makes a lot of sense, I just never put two and two together on that one for some reason.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

i use it still, and i run everything on test
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

New version available. This updated version is compatible with v4.4 ruleset

How hard would it be to get this to work with other CoreRPG rulesets?

Thread Information