STAR TREK 2d20

Pirates Ship Combat FGU

Hi Folks,

are the ship weapons missing in the Pirates of the Spanish Main Module? All of the Ships contained in the module seem to be completely unarmed. If I put them in the combat tracker, they are not able to fire any guns, even if manned by a PC or NPC. In the Pirates item list there are no cannons. Do I miss something? Or is it impossible to do ship combat with the Pirates module?

50 Fathoms on the other hand has vehicle weapons in the items list and the ships come with mounted weapons. Maybe the Pirates module is incomplete? Or is the ship combat in Pirates working completely different?

Thanks and regards
    N.

Looked into it, from what I can tell the un-named ships (1 mast, -5 mast), Galleon, Man o' War are basic without weapons or mods. The Named ships, have mods and weapons.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

The problem is that there is not a single vehicle weapon in the Pirates ruleset. At least there are none shown in my version (FGU). The named ships are armed, but there seems to be no possibility to arm the unnamed ships.

Pirates-bug.PNG

Probably some tag missing in the XML or such. You CAN find it in: LIBRARY -> PIRATES PLAYERS GUIDE - > SHIP WEAPONS LIST (almost all way at the bottom), there is also a link for Ship Weapons, that has weapons described.

If going to need alot or for convience, would suggest dropping on shortcut bar on the bottom of the screen in FG.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    It's entirely possible the Pirates DLC was done before all the vehicular upgrades were added to the ruleset. I'd suggest looking around to see if there's a feedback thread for it and post there so SmiteWorks can contact the DLC Developer for that project.

Oh, no doubt. Pirates is 4 years old and probably not that popular. Probably see 50 Fathoms updated first.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information