DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 25 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Is there a way to run this on load? That way I can assure that upon extension load, it can run this 'setup' scriptlet to attach it to the npc record type when it is loaded by the master index.

Blog Entries
    You can call the script in your extension.xml and it will run when it loads the extension - eg at load time.

Yes, just add it to any onInit function on any global script.

Regards,
    JPG

Code:
     38     <script>            
     39         function onInit()
     40             LibraryData.addIndexButton("npc","cgen_button_launch");
     41         end 
     42     </script>
    Within my extension.xml after my includes.

I'll look at it some time Wednesday; you can peek around the git hub in cgen/xml/windows/cgen_window.xml for where I should insert this; I haven't pushed any of these preliminary changes so it's currently at the masterindex hack. I'll be out and about the next two days to stop an angry orange man from duping more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I'll be out and about the next two days to stop an angry orange man from duping more people.
    I hope you don't mean me! (I know you don't mean me - and I fully support your efforts!)

All global scripts have to be named, so that one is probably not running.

Regards,
    JPG

Greetings Ken L,

I've downloaded, and am practicing with CGen. I have tried parsing a number of SRD entries, and they work quite well. However, my first attempt at trying a .pdf is failing miserably.

So, with that in mind, I have a question that is simple to ask, but might require the exchange of additional information. You tell me.

I pulled the text for "The Skinsaw Man" out of the Skinsaw Murders chapter of Rise of the Runelords, Anniversary Edition, Page 107. I have done various manipulations on it (based on your video guidance), and it parses. However, I can't seem to get the Offense block to parse correctly.

Let me know if you don't have the .pdf, and I'll post the relevant content (hopefully, an extract is covered under the Fair Use act).

Anyway, my question is this: What must be done to that example .pdf input, to have it correctly parse that NPC?

I have, pretty much, tried everything I can think of, and it never really gets the Attack section correct. I'm hoping, if you have the .pdf, that you can just show me what must be done to make that one work.

Thanks.

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Let me know if you don't have the .pdf, and I'll post the relevant content (hopefully, an extract is covered under the Fair Use act).
    The OGL (that Paizo releases all of it's Pathfinder products under) allows distribution of the game stats (statblocks, spells, feats, etc.). So you're good to post the NPC statblock here.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Swest,
    I copied from the pdf and found the following alterations necessary:
    a) added in /+7 to war razor and changed the m-dash in between the 19 and 20 to a regular dash
    b) changed "and" to "plus" under the bite damage (the parser prefers plus x plus y to plus x and y)
    c) deleted the line break after the first "plus" for bite

The attacks parsed properly after those changes

Ken,
    Don't know if it would be possible in future versions to include the most commonly used metamagic (extended, quickened, maximized, empowered) to the spell parsing? Right now my work-around has been to modify the statblock to move the metamagic to parenthesis after the spell name. It's been working, and the issue/error reporting has kept me from missing any, but if the code could be done, that'd been cool, too.

Thread Information