FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 25 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by KevenSimmons View Post
    Really stupid question... but after updating to 3.2 - how do you get the CreatureGen window to open. The button is no longer on the NPC window and I'm not having any luck finding it.
    CreatureGen overrides the NPC list, so if you have any other extensions that also alter the NPC list, try disabling them. This is one of the reasons I was looking at a possible widget implementation. On my end, it still appears on the npc list. Also check if the extension is loaded for obvious sanity reasons.

to check if it is indeed being overriden use the command
    Code:
    /openwindow cgen_window
    to directly open the window, just know that since the database path is referenced locally from where the window is launched; it won't function properly if launched in this way; but is a good way to check if the extension is even loaded.

@ddavison
    I share what I develop when it helps others, there's a number of smaller things I've made that are only specific to my handful of circumstances. As it stands, CGen's xml window is really looking for some love and I feel pretty guilty for not putting a bit more effort into appearances. I'll get to it eventually one of these months.

No luck. I have a test campaign with only the CGen extension activated, and the button does not appear (screen capture attached). I can manually /openwindow, but as you said it does not function after opening.

Attachment 16052
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

I'm also running 3.2... I have no idea now...

Blog Entries
    Your movie file shows 3.1.6? I take it thats one you recorded earlier?

Your launcher says 3.2.0, but if you look at the ruleset versions that are loaded in the chat window, they are still 3.1.6 or 3.1.2. My ruleset versions that are loading are all 3.2.0.

My first guess is that the redesigned NPC window has a new name in v3.2.0 ruleset, and thus the extension isn't adding the button to the new window. The 'npclist' windowclass is still defined, and I can open it with a /windowopen command, but that isn't what is opened from the sidebar button in the new ruleset (screen capture)

Attachment 16062
    Last edited by KevenSimmons; November 4th, 2016 at 16:25. Reason: added screen capture
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

Blog Entries
    KenL if you have unpacked rulesets in your ruleset folder (common if you are doing extensions) Fantasy Grounds will use these instead of the newly downloaded pak files. Id rename those unpacked folders (example CoreRPG-3.1.6) and then unpack new ones if you need to keep working on those rulesets.

Blog Entries
    KenL - Doug mentioned this yesterday and whilst I have yet to use the extension I have watched the videos and have to say a very well done. Writing parsers for FG can be quite time consuming but I am sure everyone here in the community will join me in thanking you for the contribution.
    As the author of PAR5E and a long time FG contributor and developer I very well understand the complexities of parsing content into FG so feel free to reach out to us at if we can be of any help.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Parsers are really elementary logic any teenager can write. It's just rote and boring compared to more complex and mentally stimulating constructs.

Regarding my GIF; I just remembered that I did indeed edit the 3.5 ruleset to a custom version, therefore It uses my custom configuration over the updated 3.5 ruleset.

I'll take a look at 3.2; but for the future I'm likely to move to a widget or some kind to avoid this problem all together; but if I have to constantly mod for the new version even then, I'll do so on my own time as opposed to whenever FG updates.

Alight, I played easter egg hunt for the new npc list within core rules and couldn't find it for ~1hr in 3.2.

Can a developer chime in on this location? It would have been a simple swap of references but I see a number of things have been flipped around that require more than grep -rn. Else I'll likely leave it broken as is.

Blog Entries
    I haven't looked at the extension code yet, but you can look for the masterindex window from CoreRPG.

wndNPCs = Interface.openWindow("masterindex","npc");
    wndNPCs.setRecordType("npc");

Thread Information