DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 25 First ... 132122232425 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    Thanks, Corun! That did it. I'm going to open it up and see if I can figure out how to use the PFRPG - Spellbook by Farnaby/Tanor, instead of the PFRPG Archive Spells one. This will save from needing two spell mods.
    That would be awesome Robbo !
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

I've considered implementing it, but for my purposes this extension was sufficient(however it does not fill descriptions):
    PFRPG Upgrade NPC Actions
    I've skipped loading PFRPG Archive Spells completely, and it just created empty spells and single warning in chat. Empty spells then are upgraded by Upgrade NPC Actions to use PFRPG - Spellbook.

Library is set in lua/creature_gen.lua at line 74. This should be easy to replace. However there might be problem with [Y] tag that exists in PFRPG - Spellbook(at least in version by dllewell), and writing additional parser logic to replicate what Upgrade NPC Actions already provides made it not really worth it for me.

EDIT:
    Maybe I will take a look on this, as missing descriptions can be annoying.
    Last edited by Corun; February 16th, 2021 at 22:44.

I’ve previously tried replacing the library reference, but it can’t find the spells even when the names seem to match exactly. I didn’t dig any further into figuring out why.
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Corun View Post
    I've considered implementing it, but for my purposes this extension was sufficient(however it does not fill descriptions):
    PFRPG Upgrade NPC Actions
    I've skipped loading PFRPG Archive Spells completely, and it just created empty spells and single warning in chat. Empty spells then are upgraded by Upgrade NPC Actions to use PFRPG - Spellbook.
    I never thought about using it in that manner! Neat!
    I could push an update to PFRPG Upgrade NPC Actions so that it does descriptions, but are you also using PFRPG Spell Formatting? I think it might already 'patch' that issue, because when you open a spell for the first time that has no fully-formatted description, it auto-populates it with the description from the PFRPG Spellbook module.
    Last edited by bmos; February 18th, 2021 at 12:18.

I've just tested it on v1.4. Spell formatting extension works when I manually drag and drop spells from libraries. When using Upgrade NPC Actions it does not trigger, and descriptions remain unchanged.

I've just tested it on v1.4. Spell formatting extension works when I manually drag and drop spells from libraries. When using Upgrade NPC Actions it does not trigger, and descriptions remain unchanged.
    To confirm, you had the PFRPG Spellbook loaded?

Here is a test build I just made which searches PFRPG - Spellbook for any missing descriptions.

EDIT: removed in prep for real release
    Last edited by bmos; March 4th, 2021 at 23:54.

Yep, PFRPG - Spellbook was loaded, as Upgrade NPC Actions managed to add actions.

Test build works: (hope it renders, cause I am not sure ATTACH is the right tag for this, but advanced post GUI says otherwise) works.png

Obviously there is one more can of worms - remaining fields still need to be populated in the spell description, but I could have communicated this more clearly. Probably also outside of your extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by KevenSimmons View Post
    I’ve previously tried replacing the library reference, but it can’t find the spells even when the names seem to match exactly. I didn’t dig any further into figuring out why.
    This should help.

there is one more can of worms - remaining fields still need to be populated in the spell description, but I could have communicated this more clearly. Probably also outside of your extensions.
    try this

EDIT: removed in prep for real release
    Last edited by bmos; March 3rd, 2021 at 22:43.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Thank you very much, works great.
    I've tested this on https://aonprd.com/NPCDisplay.aspx?I...0Cold%20Sister NPC and it's all okay.
    For other users I might want to mention that one has to remove all APG/UM etc. suffixes, but this is very minor thing, and can be done in notepad in matter of few seconds.

Thank you very much, works great.
    I've tested this on https://aonprd.com/NPCDisplay.aspx?I...0Cold%20Sister NPC and it's all okay.
    For other users I might want to mention that one has to remove all APG/UM etc. suffixes, but this is very minor thing, and can be done in notepad in matter of few seconds.
    I can set it up to ignore that part in searching for the spell.
    APG, ARG, UM... what am I missing?

EDIT: here is v1.7 for public release. It skips only those three book abbreviations.
    Last edited by bmos; March 3rd, 2021 at 23:06.

Thread Information