STAR TREK 2d20
Page 15 of 25 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    I'm not quite sure when it happened, but I've noticed that the iterative attacks are no longer being removed when the "attack" field is being populated. Here's a sample output from the log window and screen capture of the results

[1] parseAttacks (melee)elven curve blade +10/+5 (1d10+3/18-20)
    [1] parseAttacks (ranged)+1 composite longbow +12/+7 (1d8+3/x3)
    [0] GENERAL: elven
    [0] GENERAL: elven curve blade +10/+5 (1d10+3/18-20)1 5 19 21 +10 +10
    [3] dropIter (dropping iteratives) : elven curve blade +10/+5 (1d10+3/18-20)
    [0] GENERAL: composite
    [0] GENERAL: +1 composite longbow +12/+7 (1d8+3/x3)4 12 22 24 +12 +12
    [3] dropIter (dropping iteratives) : +1 composite longbow +12/+7 (1d8+3/x3)

2017-09-25_13h44_04.png
    Last edited by KevenSimmons; September 25th, 2017 at 19:22.
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

Can you post the statblock?

Slightly different statblock from my original post - but exhibits the same behavior

I've tried stat blocks from a couple different sources, and even manually retyped the weapon attacks in the CreatureGen input window in case the copy-paste was bringing in delimiter characters that weren't being recognized - all did the same thing. Very odd. I've recently updated the CreatureGen extension, and of course the new FG version last week so I don't know for sure when the behavior started. My next test will be to see what happens if I use a previous version of CreatureGen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KevenSimmons; September 29th, 2017 at 04:22.

Update 1.61: Bug fix
    - Fixed dropIter bug introduced awhile back when fixing another issue (several versions ago actually!)
    - Fixed removed old debug, and made existing debug messages more useful to diagnose statblock issues.

If you're having issues with attack or spells being parsed, log level 3 has those details.

Also Keven, the statblock works fine and the bug wasn't due to FG's update, it was a bug introduced in an early version during a patch for dropIter's regex. The only thing I'd change is that the CR field should be on the same line as the name as when I generated it, It internally looks for a line with a CR field.

Check the github for the freshest update.
    Last edited by Ken L; September 30th, 2017 at 07:33.

Thanks Ken. New update is working great. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Yeah. The tool looks super helpful, but I can't figure out the Github thing. I'm going step by step but I just end up with a zip folder with a different name in my extensions. FG won't recognize it. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by AkiBishop View Post
    Yeah. The tool looks super helpful, but I can't figure out the Github thing. I'm going step by step but I just end up with a zip folder with a different name in my extensions. FG won't recognize it. Any suggestions?
    Just unzip and paste the full folder. It should work!

re-zip all the files in the folder and name it Creaturegen.ext do not let your zip program name it .zip.
    Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I get a lua error immediately after installing it and before i import any stat blocks if i go into the NPCs window and click "by Type"

Script Error: [string "scripts/data_library_35e.lua"] 48: attempt to index a nil value

I would try checking other extensions. Start by disabling all extensions but this one and reenable them one by one until you get the error

Thread Information