5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Re: Facing arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Desdain
    Quote Originally Posted by Craw
    Used it last night in Snickle's game. Worked great. While I agree that facing has no specific impact on d20 mechanics, it was kind of nice to use to show that your character inched up to a coriidor and then looked each way. You can actually see the other players' tokens turning left and right and it adds flavor.

By the way, zoom rocks.
    No impact on d20 mechanics? Ever hear of Flanking and Sneak attacks?

-Des
    Neither flanking nor sneak attack are dependent on the facing of the target or the attacker. You flank depending on the relevant position of the attackers, not their facing. You can sneak attack someone from right in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snikle
    Jeez, you would think my players would know how to spell my name.......

:P
    (Glad to have you in our group Claw!)
    Save vs. typo = 1 Doh!
    Player Bible Commandment 1: Do not irritate the DM.
    Player Bible Commandment 2: See commandment 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza0Tyr
    Anyone know whether there is facing in the "Miniatures" game? That might, at least partially, explain the confusion I've seen on this. (It can't all be caused by old rules because some of the misunderstanding comes from relatively new players.) Some people assume that the rules from D&D and Miniatures are the same.
    Ramza
    No facing in D&D Miniatures. Most miniatures wargames, however, do include facing rules.

I see, I suppose I must be bringing in baggage memory from previous incarnations of the game. Regardless, back on the track of the current thread.. the idea was if a facing would be useful. Because d20 is only *one* of many ways to roleplay.. I think it would be worth considering.

Sometimes I wonder if they simply come up with new gimic rules that really add no value to the gameplay, but rather give them a vehicle to sell more rulebooks.
    :P

Thread Information