DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Par5E?

You can also see how the C&C library module XML is formatted by looking at <FG App Data>\modules\TLG80114FG2_CnC_Players_Handbook_5th _Printing.mod - and looking at the format of client.xml. Compare this to what you see when you open this module in FG and you'll get an idea of the XML layout.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have done that...the issue I have now is that my test module loads without errors, but also doesn't display anything at all on the right hand side (where you'd normally see the links for credits, dedication, etc.) I've likely deleted something I shouldn't have...just have to figure out what I've done!

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

Game in Progress: AD&D 2e - Against the Zhentarim

That'll be the <library> section, with the library section name as the next XML tag and then the <entries> section.

For example:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.0">
    	<library>
    		<LibraryTest static="true">
    			<!--The name entry doesn't appear to be used in the left sidebar of the library -->
    			<name type="string">Library Test Header</name>
    			<categoryname type="string">Castles &amp; Crusades</categoryname>
    			<entries>
    				<a_dedication>
    					<librarylink type="windowreference">
    						<class>referencetext</class>
    						<recordname>..</recordname>
    					</librarylink>
    					<name type="string">Dedication</name>
    					<text type="formattedtext">
    						<p>We offer this book as an ode to the years of fun in game and play and to the creative might and best of friendships bound within the very person of E. Gary Gygax, for whom none of what came before, nor any that must come after, would be possible.</p>
    						<p>Thank you Gary.</p>
    					</text>
    				</a_dedication>
    			</entries>
    		</LibraryTest>
    	</library>
    </root>
    Gives this:

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe!
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Ok...getting an error when opening the module. "A XML parse error occurred processing file AdvancedCC:client.xml - Error on line 179: Error reading end tag."

Looking at line 179 shows the closing XML of the abilities section </abilities>..everything looks correct. Am I missing something?

OK...getting a XML parse error. The XML looks correct...I've attached a screenshot below. Am I missing something?

Attachment 15304

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    OK...getting a XML parse error. The XML looks correct...I've attached a screenshot below. Am I missing something?

Attachment 15304
    Go back through all of the preceding tags - it usually means that you haven't closed a tag pair within the <abilities> section. In Notepad++ you can click on a tag and it will highlight the matching open/close tag in purple (as you can see in your screenshot). Go back through and click on the section tags within <abilities> and see which ones don't show a matching purple highlight.

OK..figured out the error. However, I can't get my secondary skills to be able to drag over to the character sheet...It's showing up as a link, which is OK..just need to figure out where to go from here. Progress!

GB

It was a </text> tag that I hadn't closed. Fixed now..thanks for that Trenloe!

OK! Got it sorted, though when I drag over the skill to the character sheet, the default attribute (dex) isn't brought over. It's just a couple of mouse clicks on the character sheet to set it correctly, though it'd be nice if it came across that way. Also, is there anyway to hard code in a modifier? For example, Secondary Skills in the CKG have a +1 to the roll (but no level mod). Anyway to add this?

Thread Information