DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I'll jump in and say that I recently purchased FG and the RMC ruleset. I have never used either before, but a friend and I are currently trying to learn both. We're both longtime players of D&D and Pathfinder, but looking for a change of pace. We also like the online aspect given that we don't live all that close.

Once we get a bit more familiar with FG and RMC I plan on making an LFG post. My friend is an experienced DM but we're trying to play together as players for once.

So there is interest from at least two people here, but during my research I definitely notice that D&D and Pathfinder have a much larger community and content (not surprisingly). We're not ready to jump ship on Rolemaster yet, though. It's very interesting.

I love Rolemaster and would love to get into another game...US based. I am one on the Yanks that can't play mid-afternoon with Hawkwind as this pesky job keeps getting in the way of fun stuff.

At some point I want to run some RMC but just can't seem to find the time to get it organized.

FG does RMC really well as all the tables are automated to save the GM having to look everything up, plus most results are automated to the victim, like bleed damage, stat loses, etc.

Character creation does take a while especially for the un-initiated to RM but a good GM can make that go quickly.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Quote Originally Posted by jshauber View Post
    At some point I want to run some RMC but just can't seem to find the time to get it organized.
    Get. It. Organised.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Greylorn or shadd,

Don't be intimidated by running a RM game using FG. I've been part of a couple games with new GMs and the players have been very understanding.

If you would like a run through of the ruleset, I will take you through it so you have an idea of what you can do. Send me a tell if you are interested. If it is US based I might be able to hang out during your first session to give pointers also. Send me a private message if you are interested and we will see if we can work out a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Get. It. Organised.

Working on it. You playing if I do?

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

Working on it. You playing if I do?
    If I'm available, I'd love to. :-)

EDIT: Especially if you set it in Middle Earth...
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 8th, 2016 at 19:58.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Greylorn or shadd,

Don't be intimidated by running a RM game using FG. I've been part of a couple games with new GMs and the players have been very understanding.

If you would like a run through of the ruleset, I will take you through it so you have an idea of what you can do. Send me a tell if you are interested. If it is US based I might be able to hang out during your first session to give pointers also. Send me a private message if you are interested and we will see if we can work out a time.
    Thank you for the offer. Looking through things a bit more I think I will give it a try, get the license and begin playing around with it some to get accustom to how FG works and how it uses the RM rule set. Very positive comments here, and that makes me feel a bit better about giving things a try, from what I can see FG has a great community attached to it with all the notes of support.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If I'm available, I'd love to. :-)

EDIT: Especially if you set it in Middle Earth...
    Challenge accepted. I do have a bunch of old MERP books I could use as inspiration. Something to ponder on the flights back home later this weekend.

Blog Entries
    Challenge accepted. I do have a bunch of old MERP books I could use as inspiration. Something to ponder on the flights back home later this weekend.
    Yes please!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Greylorn or shadd,

I'm not particularly interested in GMing, but I do want to learn how everything works. I think I have the basics down now (thanks to your videos and posts), but still trying to figure out how spellcasting works in Rolemaster & how it fits into FG. It's a slow process because I don't have a lot of time. That's one thing that drew me to FG in the first place: ready to run campaigns and tools to speed up gameplay. With only a couple hours available per week, I need to make the most of it.

Thread Information