STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

How active are RM campaigns?

Had a friend recommend this site to me. I enjoy RPing, but most of the people in my area are more into D&D or Pathfinder, and I really miss the RM system of games. How active is that rule set on this site? Any active campaigns? I played 'classic' RM back in the late 90's while I was in college and have always really enjoyed the rule set. The RMFRP system is one that I have dabbled in and tried to get some interest in with the local gamers, but it is so different from what they normally play that it hasn't ever really taken with them.

Are you thinking of running a game? If so, I reckon with a little persistence you could get a group together
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    I occasionally see a post looking for players but they seem pretty rare. I suspect the majority are running well established groups and rarely have openings.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    Are you thinking of running a game? If so, I reckon with a little persistence you could get a group together
    I am considering the Fantasy Grounds product and was just wondering if it was worth joining...how available games are and the quality of the RPing games that are run in Fantasy Grounds. I was excited to see RM supported and wondered how active that particular system was.

Well, I wouldn't buy FG specifically for the Rolemaster community hanging around. That said, Fantasy Grounds is a great tool. If you can assemble a group on a different Rolemaster venue (maybe a dedicated community), you'll still be able to play RM with them through Fantasy Grounds and have a great experience.
    "I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."

Ultimate License Owner

I got most of my current players from the ICE forums but saying that I run on European time and I have had plenty of initial interest from North American players on this forum till they realised that the 5-8 hour time difference meant they would be playing in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday

Thank you for the advice. I'll play around a bit with it and try to get comfortable with it. I'm a bit leary of jumping in and trying to GM in a format I've very little experience with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukja View Post
    Well, I wouldn't buy FG specifically for the Rolemaster community hanging around. That said, Fantasy Grounds is a great tool. If you can assemble a group on a different Rolemaster venue (maybe a dedicated community), you'll still be able to play RM with them through Fantasy Grounds and have a great experience.

Yea, I can see where that would cause a problem. Thank you, I will head to the ICE forums and see what interest i can round up there to perhaps get a game going.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    I got most of my current players from the ICE forums but saying that I run on European time and I have had plenty of initial interest from North American players on this forum till they realised that the 5-8 hour time difference meant they would be playing in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday

Blog Entries
    FG does Rolemaster proud.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information