5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    It the brand new module from FG for Pathfinder 2e "HellKnight Hill". So we are not importing a map but wanting to use the actual purchased FG module and display it for the player.

Maybe a setting is wrong and will have to mess with it more?

Quote Originally Posted by umanami View Post
    It the brand new module from FG for Pathfinder 2e "HellKnight Hill". So we are not importing a map but wanting to use the actual purchased FG module and display it for the player.

Maybe a setting is wrong and will have to mess with it more?
    Which map?

When you say "zooming in" is this the auto sizing via the extension, or are you further zooming in?

What is reported in the chat window if you type /tvsize ?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

/tvsize 42 1080 and tried 43 as well. The TV is a 42"

All maps so far. Clicked on a map to show players and moved that map over to the TV and when it is displayed onto the TV it loses lots of quality and the squares were not automatically 1" so had to zoom in or out to make the squares 1".

Maybe because NOT using the CoreRPG ruleset? The only way to get the purchased module to load is by choosing the PF2e ruleset.

Thanks for your time!

Maybe because NOT using the CoreRPG ruleset?
    Nope, this is not a ruleset issue as PFRPG2 runs on top of CoreRPG.

All maps so far. Clicked on a map to show players and moved that map over to the TV and when it is displayed onto the TV it loses lots of quality and the squares were not automatically 1" so had to zoom in or out to make the squares 1".
    It sounds like you're not following the extension resize process fully. Use the right-click menu to resize the map once it's on the TV - share it first, then use right-click -> resize on the TV instance of FG.

A 42" TV gives about 51 pixels per inch (FG will do this calculation based off the /tvsize parameters). The player map "Map: Citadel Altaerein" (for example) is setup in FG with approx 48 pixels per square. So, assuming the map is resizing right, you shouldn't see any major issues (48 is close to 51).

If you're still having problems, please provide the following details:
    1) The output of the /tvsize chat command - just this command in bold, nothing else. It will report the settings FG will use.
    2) The name of the map you're using to test. Please don't just say "All maps".
    3) The exact process you're following and what the end issue is.
    4) Take a screenshot of the problem - while on the TV instance press the print screen key on your keyboard, this will put a screenshot PNG file in your <FG App Data> directory - attach the screenshot to your results post here.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 2nd, 2019 at 20:31.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for your time!
    I will test it this week again and take a screenshot.

Looks OK to me.

This is a 48" TV, which should look a little lower quality than a 42" TV (as the pixels are larger).

Attached Images Attached Images

I really like the concept of using a TV as the table top. I'm just wondering what steps I need to go through before I buy the TV. How did you set up FG for the second screen? Are you opening a second instance of FG as a player for only mapping? Do you stretch FG the window to include the TV?

No extra steps BEFORE buying the tv.

If you are buying a screen specifically for this purpose, I would say the lighter the screen the better.

If you aren't adapting a table to permanently store the tv, consider the storage options when it's not in use.

You may want to mount your tv onto legs to allow for airflow beneath the tv as the heat vents aren't designed to work while it's laid out flat onto a table.

You may also want a sheet of perspex to cover the screen so the screen doesn't get damaged by the miniatures as they are moved across the screens surface.

You can just open a second instance of Fantasy Grounds, drag it onto the tv screen and maximize the window, then connect to the GM instance on your local network.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnozz View Post
    How did you set up FG for the second screen? Are you opening a second instance of FG as a player for only mapping? Do you stretch FG the window to include the TV?
    One computer which runs the GM instance and a second instance (connecting to the GM using a server address of localhost ). Then I share the map to the player instance and I can use masking etc. to reveal what I want.

I'd recommend getting a perspex insert for the screen if you intend to use anything on the screen (I'd recommend it anyway, in case you drop something on it).

I also added a wooden surround to stop dice rolling underneath. I've added a couple of small USB powered fans to this to get some airflow - the TV has a USB port so the fans are powered from that.

For TV size I got a 48" screen - basically as this allows me to display Paizo flip-mats (I play a lot of Paizo games and love the flip-mats) which are 24 inches wide. This is also just about the maximum size that I can easily carry around.

Not working for me. The extension is installed and when I type /tvsize 32 1080 the chat window just accepts it. When I click the resize button you've added the chat window says: Cannot find TV size set in database...

It's like it won't take my settings. My TV is 32" and it's a 1080 screen.

Help?

FYI: Second instance of FG running as PlayerView connected to localhost.
    Last edited by zuilin; February 21st, 2020 at 23:58. Reason: FYI

Thread Information