5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112
    OK so FACE TO FACE SATURDAY WITH A NEW TABLE!!!!!!! I am psyked! This extension looks perfect but I have a question because I have never done this

It may be stupid but here goes...

1)I set it up on the DM's computer correct?
    2)When I display the map however do I display it in a dummy player account?

(I'll probably just use a Laptop for the DM at the table and my desktop for the dummy player account. I know I can split them but the desktop is right by the table so I feel this will be easiest. Newbie here to this so please let me know

A completely different follow up question

Ahead of time can I adjust and resize all my maps to my dummy player account, and then when I share them as a DM have them just pop right how I want them

Thank you in advance this extension looks awesome and a ton of work!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris103 View Post
    OK so FACE TO FACE SATURDAY WITH A NEW TABLE!!!!!!! I am psyked! This extension looks perfect but I have a question because I have never done this

It may be stupid but here goes...

1)I set it up on the DM's computer correct?
    2)When I display the map however do I display it in a dummy player account?

(I'll probably just use a Laptop for the DM at the table and my desktop for the dummy player account. I know I can split them but the desktop is right by the table so I feel this will be easiest. Newbie here to this so please let me know

A completely different follow up question

Ahead of time can I adjust and resize all my maps to my dummy player account, and then when I share them as a DM have them just pop right how I want them

Thank you in advance this extension looks awesome and a ton of work!
    FGC or FGU?
    What license do you have?

I normally just display it as a second instance on the same computer. You'll want to have access to it from a computer to do the resizing and closing of older maps.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    FGC or FGU?
    What license do you have?

I normally just display it as a second instance on the same computer. You'll want to have access to it from a computer to do the resizing and closing of older maps.

I actually have both my preferred is FGU as I would like to have LOS but Im fine with plain FGC as I read in a post you have not optimized it for FGU yet but if FGU handles it that would be great.

OK when you say two instances on the same machine...I still log in as DM and then as a player. I just want to be sure FGU does not allow double accounts still right (i know there was discussion about adding this, atleast with FGU)

then I guess I would have to change display settings to run two different monitors...Split screen I think? I'll be using my PC now if that is the case my Macbook pro has a tough time running 1 instance of the program

Also thank you for the quick response

In windows terms you "extend" your desktop to the second monitor.

FGU doesn't allow double accounts, but only for connecting from another computer. But if you connect from the same computer it's OK.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So by your response Trenloe can I use FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris103 View Post
    So by your response Trenloe can I use FGU?
    See my response in post #109, and the feedback from a GM using in in the post immediately after.

Hi, have just tried Trenloe’s extension and it’s giving me some trouble. Hope this is the right place to ask about it.

When I scale the map up to one inch size, the window containing the map scales with it, so becomes massive. In this particular instance it’s the Sunless Citadel fortress level, so not a small map.

The problem is. The map window becomes so big that my laptop starts to struggle a s I can’t navigate around it. Can I lock the size of the window in place and just scale up the map itself?

Quote Originally Posted by the_ghostboy View Post
    Hi, have just tried Trenloe’s extension and it’s giving me some trouble. Hope this is the right place to ask about it.

When I scale the map up to one inch size, the window containing the map scales with it, so becomes massive. In this particular instance it’s the Sunless Citadel fortress level, so not a small map.

The problem is. The map window becomes so big that my laptop starts to struggle a s I can’t navigate around it. Can I lock the size of the window in place and just scale up the map itself?
    Yep, this is the right place to ask about the extension.

It's by design that the image is maximised. You can't lock the window. You can hold down the CTRL key and then left-click and drag within the image window to resize the window after scaling to one-inch per grid square - you may need to lock the image just once the first time it's opened to allow CTRL resize, then you can unlock if needed.

Thread Information