FG Spreadshirt Swag

5E - Module Generation Tool

Hi all,

I wrote a tool to help me build modules for a home campaign, and figured I would share it with others if they are interested.

It's located at https://github.com/ethankhall/fguctl, and currently supports module generation of spells and tables (all I need for now).

It supports markdown for descriptions and auto-translates it to html. If people are interested, I'll finish up the docs to make it more-complete.

I used it to initialize a module. I'm interested in what more it might be able to do — or what the YAML format is capable of.

Personally, I'd like something that would allow me to author story descriptions in Markdown text. I don't know if that presents an interesting direction.

Long term, I would like to be able to copy/paste books that I have in PDF but exist no existing FG modules so it's easy to share with my players, but I haven't gotten there yet.

As a next item, I want to make the tool more useable, and that's going involve a better UX because the yaml can be unwieldy format wise.

I could probably also add stories to it pretty easily. Let me take a look :-)

Thread Information