FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Sorry...
    I have heard quite a few people refer to savage worlds and post alot of games about them but I have no clue about the ruleset because there are SO many different platforms played on it that it seems confusing...
    and I have glanced at shadowrun over 20 years ago but never played so I really dont understand there ruleset either...
    Both seem like they could be fun to play but I wouldnt want to hold up a group either...

as to savage worlds you see all kinds of systems because its designed at its base as a generic system. from its own description "Savage Worlds is a generic role-playing game and miniatures wargame written by Shane Lacy Hensley and published by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. The game emphasizes speed of play and reduced preparation over realism or detail."

Its a relatively easy system to learn, and most dms have zero problems helping people learn new systems. Since the game would be run with savage worlds understanding shadowrun's mechanics is totally unnecessary. A bit of background can be helpful, alternatively you can be recently "rescued" wageslave of some variety so your player ignorance of the world would accurately reflect through your character and you could both experience the world.. If you want to play, no better time than now to give it a shot honestly. You've been looking for 20 years you said, and you posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherdeath View Post
    Sorry...
    I have heard quite a few people refer to savage worlds and post alot of games about them but I have no clue about the ruleset because there are SO many different platforms played on it that it seems confusing...
    and I have glanced at shadowrun over 20 years ago but never played so I really dont understand there ruleset either...
    Both seem like they could be fun to play but I wouldnt want to hold up a group either...
    Dakkonwastes summed it up pretty good, regarding the intention of design for SW. Mechanically, you won't need to understand anything about the system of Shadowrun.

As for the setting of Shadowrun, a little Google-Fu will help probably more than I can. To sum up though, magic, elves, and orks and **** in a dystopian, corporate future with cyberpunk elements.
    Twitch Channel: PlayForth
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: Central Standard (Daylight Savings) Time: GMT -6:00 (-5:00)
    Fantasy Grounds Address/Alias: able castle cruel gate

Currently Running...
    Claim the Stars | Savage Worlds Sci-Fi Campaign (Livestream at PlayForth)

Thread Information