DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Well, I kinda figured as much. But it isn't working for me... I'll start from scratch, and check my extensions, etc., and get back to you.

Thanks.

- s.west
    Do you mean it's not working at all or only some things don't work. I just checked and it would seem to be fully functional.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

When I try to drag either individual XP items on the party sheet, like a specific Quest, to a player's XP entry, nothing happens. Also, if I simply drag a number to the player's XP (on the party sheet), nothing happens.

I'm still in the process of testing this, so I may have more to report in a few minutes.

- s.west

Ok. For starters, I thought that any number could be dragged. But, that's not the case (obviously). When I follow the specific guidance, and drag the results of a die roll (from the chat window), then yes, that works as indicated.

How, then, do I assign a particular 'quest' entry to a single player? [edit... well, I just tried dragging the number, from the XP entry in the Quests panel, and that works. I was sure that I had tried that before, but maybe not.]

Thanks.

- s.west
    Last edited by swest; January 30th, 2017 at 16:58.

Follow the instructions, and look at the arrows in the screenshot, in post #1. You drag the numbers not the quest link.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, last question, and then I'll fade back into the woodwork: How might one assign a 'negative' value? Short of just going in to the characters sheet, and changing the number directly?

The reason this has come up is that I distributed XP for a session of play, and, although one of the players was absent, the XP was uniformly distributed to all characters. I think that the particular player is probably going to drop from the group anyway, but I wanted to 'unassign' that chunk of XP from his character, and have a record of it in the 'Quests' panel. But, negative values have no effect when dropped in that manner.

Is there a way?

Thanks.

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Follow the instructions, and look at the arrows in the screenshot, in post #1. You drag the numbers not the quest link.
    My apologies! I missed the first screenshot in post #1. I only saw the one that showed the results in the chat window (the second .jpg). Yes, that would have made it completely clear. Sorry for that oversight.

-s .west

See "Drag Negation" for number fields here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Number_Fields
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See "Drag Negation" for number fields here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Number_Fields
    That is very cool. Thanks, very much for that guidance. It worked just like I wanted it to. I probably read that before (since I have the 'Basics' page bookmarked (!)) but just forgot it.

Thanks, again.

- s.west

Thread Information