DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mec97006 View Post
    So sorry to rant, but is there any chance someone is working on applying effects to all items?
    Probably not. This would take updates to many hundreds of products to update. And that's after the codebase might be changed to support.

I've actually never found it a big deal, my players are not adding/subtracting items all that often. And when they do, they just turn on/off the effect using the setup action.

I'm sure more automation would be nice, but their is the extension you can use, and the devs have lots of priorities to work on as well. I believe their is a suggestion on the wish list that you can vote for. https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I've tried to understand why this is difficult to setup. What I don't understand is why effects can't be added to items, then whether they are equipped or not toggles whether they are active or not. What I expected of the character sheet / tabletop environment was to drag the 'magic item' from the Items list drop it on the character, equip it and be done. Not drag onto character sheet, it's nothing more than a description and equipping has no effect at all, have to go to the actions tab (this is not an action taken, just a mostly permanent affect until unequipped or removed) and create a spell or power to create an effect that can get turned off during play and have to repower to make sure it is working as whether it on or not generally isn't readily available. Armor and weapons seem to have a limited version of this built in, but expanding it so can customize the effects on all items seems like it would be an extension of their coding. So sorry to rant, but is there any chance someone is working on applying effects to all items?
    This may (or may not) be what you're looking for: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/280...ate_rem=878507.

So sorry to rant, but is there any chance someone is working on applying effects to all items?
    There's a framework being developed that will allow this. It's not in the 5E ruleset at present. It's currently in the Pathfinder 2e ruleset, which is being the test platform for a more generic approach to automation and effects. When it comes to the 5e ruleset is unknown at this stage.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Silent Ruins equipped Effects when paired with Adrianho's 5E Automatic effects does what you are looking for.

Thread Information