5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Examples like this are why I think that FG is both great and terrible at the same time. You can set a permanent saving throw adjustment, which is great, but why is it set by hovering and turning a scroll wheel?
    Interface minimisation - if you see a little plus sign in the top right of a field it means you can quickly apply a modifier that is then shown in a little bubble. Documented in "Temporary Modifiers" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Number_Fields I like it, quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    The program would do much better with controls that open up that can be set with a standard interface and a text comment added.
    I'd recommend you add your request to the Wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm about to resurrect this almost dead thread, if I give a player a buff that is AC:1. His effective AC is one greater, although it doesn't show up on his character sheet, I thought that combat tracker took this in to account when it rolled for damage
    Attachment 17595

Am I missing something or can this not be done with a buff?

Effects don't modify base scores on the character sheet or combat tracker. They trigger when an appropriate action (roll) is made and are taken into account then. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...s_an_Effect.3F
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay, then in the picture I attached the roll of 15 should miss Krudd because his effective AC is 16

Are you fully updated to v3.2.2? (i.e. both CoreRPG and 5E show v3.2.2 in the chat window)

Are you running any extensions?

I just removed all of my extensions and now it works as expected. I'll now go back and add them one by one until I track the culprit down.

Thanks so much for your time

Edit:

Okay the bad actor was the extension "5E Manual Attack". I knew that it was obsolete as of 3.2 but had kept it around to "fudge" dice rolls if I ever needed to
    Last edited by BubbaGrim; January 23rd, 2017 at 23:30. Reason: Update

When you toggle armour and shields between worn and carried from the inventory panel, your AC changes accordingly. Could this functionality not be exploited for something like a Ring of Protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruxy View Post
    When you toggle armour and shields between worn and carried from the inventory panel, your AC changes accordingly. Could this functionality not be exploited for something like a Ring of Protection?
    I assume not so easily. The armour and shield are designated as armour so I assume FG knows this and then looks to adjust the AC. A ring is not armour so it wouldn't impact on the AC calculation. The only way it could be done would probably be to make a ring of protection an item of armour which would mess things up elsewhere. So, in short, not as easy as it sounds.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Reading my comment from months ago, I can say I have seen the program make leaps and bounds improvement in a pretty short time in making more standard controls to change and enter data. The categories are the area that got the biggest change (no more type in chat and drag it to name a category, for example) but lots of other changes.

I, of course, am also much better at using the program ...

I am hoping that magic items get another go through and the parser be augmented to pick them up and automate more and more of them. If I were to prioritize, I would do all the magic items in the WoTC modules, starting with LMoP.

A ring of protection is a very common item and if an effect can be built, automation should be eventually possible.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Did some fiddling of my own (for science): Creating the RoP as an armour item with appropriate buffs just overwrites the existing armour rather than adding to it. And here I thought I was being clever

Chainmail + Shield + RoP definitely should not equal AC9!

Thread Information