Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 14 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Also, should this thread be stickied ...
    Stuck.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Also, I'm going to add one more "Best Practices" note that no one seems to be doing. Reference links.
    Too many FG conversions are just doing a straight word-for-word rip of the PDF, adding those "Next" and "Previous" story links.
    Ever notice how nearly every scenario has at least one reference to (See page NN) somewhere? Supplements have several and rulebooks even more.
    Fantasy Grounds doesn't have "pages" so all those handy dandy references that work fine on PDFs and dead trees aren't so handy-dandy in an electronic environment. I know I've been caught confused several times because I didn't know exactly where in the FG ruleset or scenario or whatever was being referenced was located and would have appreciated a link to it.

I specifically asked about this when starting the project I'm working on and SmiteWorks and the publishers agree that some "creative license" is required when shifting content between mediums like this. So far, for my project, every (see page NN) has been replaced with (see link below) or simply (link below) and immediately after that paragraph I created a link directly to the material being referenced so the GM and players can get directly to it.

Oh, and impromptu note 2: make a QA pass on your source text and clean up funky characters!
    Last edited by Talyn; August 14th, 2016 at 03:35.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Also, I'm going to add one more "Best Practices" note that no one seems to be doing. Reference links.
    Too many FG conversions are just doing a straight word-for-word rip of the PDF, adding those "Next" and "Previous" story links.
    Ever notice how nearly every scenario has at least one reference to (See page NN) somewhere? Supplements have several and rulebooks even more.
    Fantasy Grounds doesn't have "pages" so all those handy dandy references that work fine on PDFs and dead trees aren't so handy-dandy in an electronic environment. I know I've been caught confused several times because I didn't know exactly where in the FG ruleset or scenario or whatever was being referenced was located and would have appreciated a link to it.

I specifically asked about this when starting the project I'm working on and SmiteWorks and the publishers agree that some "creative license" is required when shifting content between mediums like this. So far, for my project, every (see page NN) has been replaced with (see link below) or simply (link below) and immediately after that paragraph I created a link directly to the material being referenced so the GM and players can get directly to it.

Oh, and impromptu note 2: make a QA pass on your source text and clean up funky characters!
    Did you look at the attachment? I think I address this adequately in there. But take a look and let me know if you think I should add more. The actual post is just a very simple outline as the actual details are too much to put in a post.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I did not, I normally just click the "New Posts" button then go to the last post on a thread I want to read. I'll go back and get your attachment, though. That was just something I've been thinking about a lot especially after starting a project of my own and I'd never seen anyone mention it yet.

Edit: Just read it a couple times and I don't see a peep about what I'm talking about. Just the "Next" and "Previous" bit. Maybe I'm missing it...
    Last edited by Talyn; August 14th, 2016 at 19:55.

Blog Entries
    Updated attachment in post #1 to reflect information on how to add spells to NPCs in 5E.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I posted a thread in the Token section of the forum, but on stumbling upong this post, I wonder if it should be moved here. Here is the link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Module-Tokens

In essence I am trying to figure out how to put tokens in my custom campaign without have to use the module the tokens exist in. I have put specific time linkes to a youtube video I was following to create my first campaign.

I don't want to duplicate threads. Can someone follow that thread and update your document with the information that hopefully will be shared? Or better yet can you reply in that thread and then update the document?

If this thread is where my original post really belongs, let me know and I will copy-paste- then delete. Or if there is a moderator who can move threads, feel free to move it here. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    @Tosayuf, Since I don't know the answer to your question, I would suggest we keep the discussion in the other thread since it might take a bit to figure it out. Then once we know the solution we can come back here and update with the correct info.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    @Tosayuf, Since I don't know the answer to your question, I would suggest we keep the discussion in the other thread since it might take a bit to figure it out. Then once we know the solution we can come back here and update with the correct info.
    Great idea. See you on the other side.

You mention using "Synchronize" to update a live campaign. If I'm understanding what that means and how to do it, then I can't get it to pop up that option. First question is: Does that still work in 3.2? And otherwise, can you expound on how to actually get to that option because I'm not finding it.

Ultimately, what I'm trying to do it PAR5E the story entries, load up the module and manually add some other stuff like NPCs and re-export into a module. But Synchonize sounds like it may make that a bit easier and I can't seem to get a opened module to re-export. So, ideas there?
    Bryan Britt, a.k.a. Brynnan the High

Adventurers League Online, Local Coordinator for Fantasy Grounds
    Adventurers League Online, Quest of the Week DM Team

Ultimate License Holder, any license can play

Blog Entries
    I don't know yet what impacts v3.2 have to this yet. I'm planning on going back through my modules and re-evaluating them for the changes from 3.2 to see what I can do now or better. So I do expect some changes, but I really don't know what that will be (other than the part about tabs).

As for Synchronize... it's actually called "Revert Changes" You find it by going to Library > Modules > then right click on the module.

For your specific case, my understanding (I haven't tested this yet) is that if you re-export your module, campaigns that have it open, but have not modified any module data yet, will automatically get the latest updated module. I think this is even true for individual entries, but again, I haven't tested it yet. If you do figure out exactly how this works, I would love for you to put it together and I can add it to the document.

Thread Information