5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 14 First 123412 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Tabs cannot be set to the same colour and same icon within FG. It sets them as unique combinations.
    And... tabs are gone sometime later this month.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    And... tabs are gone sometime later this month.
    DOH! Well, huh... I'm almost finished with my project too. Guess I'll just put a stop to it and wait for 3.20 to arrive so I can make it compatible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    DOH! Well, huh... I'm almost finished with my project too. Guess I'll just put a stop to it and wait for 3.20 to arrive so I can make it compatible.
    You can switch to TEST and update to the current 3.2.0 beta and see how it works - your groupings will still be there but not Tabbed.
    Make a backup of your campaign first.... just in case.

Tabs cannot be set to the same colour and same icon within FG. It sets them as unique combinations.
    Within the same data list (story, NPC, etc.) this is generally the case. Across different data lists you can use the same icon and colour - and is recommended when creating modules.

You can sometimes get FG to set the same colour and icon within a data list by cycling through, FG just creates a unique combination, within the data list, when the tab is first created. And, you can always edit the resulting XML to have the same icon and colour. Just look at the 5E commercial modules - most of these have multiple tabs of the same icon and colour.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    You can switch to TEST and update to the current 3.2.0 beta and see how it works - your groupings will still be there but not Tabbed.
    Make a backup of your campaign first.... just in case.
    OH! I thought 3.20 was something I had to apply for. Ok cool, yeah everything works because a "tab" is just a "group" anyway. Same code, different display.

Blog Entries
    Ok, post #1 has been updated. I've moved the bulk of the guidelines to an Word document that is now attached. Please see it before commenting as the details in Post#1 are very incomplete.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    OH! I thought 3.20 was something I had to apply for. Ok cool, yeah everything works because a "tab" is just a "group" anyway. Same code, different display.
    Dont try and use 3.2.0 for game play just yet though as its incompatible with 3.1.7

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Within the same data list (story, NPC, etc.) this is generally the case. Across different data lists you can use the same icon and colour - and is recommended when creating modules.

You can sometimes get FG to set the same colour and icon within a data list by cycling through, FG just creates a unique combination, within the data list, when the tab is first created. And, you can always edit the resulting XML to have the same icon and colour. Just look at the 5E commercial modules - most of these have multiple tabs of the same icon and colour.
    Ahhh I get it now - across different types of entries use the same combination.
    Im almost positive that when creating within FG you cannot have two tabs in the same data type with the same combination - at least you couldnt in a recent version I tested on.

Blog Entries
    Ahhh I get it now - across different types of entries use the same combination.
    Im almost positive that when creating within FG you cannot have two tabs in the same data type with the same combination - at least you couldnt in a recent version I tested on.
    What I do is to keep a consistent color or icon for all tabs in one module. This way there is something that is always the same. I think I usually use the same color. Then use different icons for the different tabs, trying to use something that makes sense for the category.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Update attachment in post #1.

Also, should this thread be stickied or linked from elsewhere so it gets appropriate visibility?

Thread Information