DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 14 First ... 311121314 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    When linking to another module, there is no around loading the module it links to unless the data is duplicated within the same module. Personal use modules can be merged and streamline data to the same module. If this is being used for public use or commercial and it links to a paid product it would need to be linked and not duplicated.
    OK I got it now.. So the splitting is only to best organize the data...
    Thanks
    Last edited by redba; July 31st, 2021 at 21:49.

Is there any guidance on creating modules when using the Unity image tools to create your Maps?

My understanding is that when you use the Unity painting tools to create an image using objects from an assets folder is that the image file that would be exported when you create a module will actually contain references to the asset folder that those objects came from. Anyone who wanted to use the module would need to have the same assets folders that the module creator did or the image would not render correctly. So if I were to create a module with maps that used some of the beautiful art from the FG Art Packs, those maps would not be useable unless anyone using the module had those same art packs.

Is the answer to create you own custom assets in the Campaign data folder, and then only draw maps using the assets from the campaign folder. So those custom assets would be exported when the module is created.

Or am I completely off base here?
    Thanks

Your assessment is correct in that the user will need access to the same assets as you used to create the image. So you will need to also create the assets used if you want the user to be able to utilise the completed image. You can create a module with just assets in it - see here for details https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...es+Decorations. You'll then need to export the map into a second module and provide both the exported map module and the assets module. (I think).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Updated the first post and the attachments. Brought all image recommendations up to FGU size recommendations. Included info on LOS, Lighting and FX. Also added a bit more discussion near the start about planning development campaigns and modules.
    Open for more suggestions on topics, additions, or corrections

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Your attachments don't show up on your original post. Specifically: adventurecreationguide...pdf

Quote Originally Posted by warelock View Post
    Your attachments don't show up on your original post. Specifically: adventurecreationguide...pdf
    The attachment shows (and downloads) fine for me. Make sure you're not viewing in mobile mode in your browser, or try a different browser.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 30th, 2023 at 12:04.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by warelock View Post
    I would be interested in knowing which browser you are using warelock

for example I am using Chrome on a win machine
    Last edited by donpaulo; October 30th, 2023 at 11:01.
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Blog Entries
    As Trenloe says, make sure you are not viewing the mobile version of the forum. The second thing to check is in the bottom left corner of the website (see attachment) make sure you are viewing the page in "FG Responsive". Browser shouldn't matter, but do try a different one if the first two things don't resolve the issue.

Please let us know!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LordEntrails; October 30th, 2023 at 16:19.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    As Trenloe says, make sure you are not viewing the mobile version of the forum. The second thing to check is in the bottom left corner of the website (see attachment) make sure you are viewing the page in "FG Responsive". Browser shouldn't matter, but do try a different one if the first two things don't resolve the issue.

Please let us know!
    Screenshot from 2023-11-08 23-54-15.png

I didn't change a thing and now I can see the attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I would be interested in knowing which browser you are using warelock

for example I am using Chrome on a win machine
    I'm using Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu Linux v119.0 (64-bit). I didn't change a thing and I can see the attachments now. I did log out of the Forum, cleared out all cookies and site data, then re-logged back in again.

Thread Information