FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last

Thanks Myrdin Works like a charm.

For the guide if I may suggest add that in as an example. I had read that but at least to me it didn't register enough to make sense. Could just be me. Cheers.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I added such an example in my copy. Did not update at this point. Usually wait until their are several significant changes.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have been converting a 5e adventure and also its reference manual - just finished the adventure part and a bit of the reference manual - then I thought DAMN! I need to have the reference part as a separate module, since it can (and should) be loaded in situations outside of the adventure part. Is there a way to seperate the two at Export or will I have to start doing the reference part seperately?

Hindsight is amazing, should have made the reference book first and then linked the adventure to the material there as needed.

Blog Entries
    Re: Reference Part vs Adventure Part
    I might be simplifying this too much but the reference part would include Spells, Maps and other Images, new Feats, etc. Whereas the adventure part probably includes mostly Story and Encounters. Do I have this about right?

If that’s the case, you just select the pertinent libraries at export.

Though I’m not sure this is necessary, you say you’re converting an existing module. It came as a complete package, I assume, so you’d probably want to export it as a complete package, wouldn’t you?
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; May 22nd, 2020 at 14:43.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Re: Reference Part vs Adventure Part
    I might be simplifying this too much but the reference part would include Spells, Maps and other Images, new Feats, etc. Whereas the adventure part probably includes mostly Story and Encounters. Do I have this about right?

If that’s the case, you just select the pertinent libraries at export.

Though I’m not sure this is necessary, you say you’re converting an existing module. It came as a complete package, I assume, so you’d probably want to export it as a complete package, wouldn’t you?
    Yes, hindsight again, after I posted this I thought about it and decided it just comes as a bundle in the original PDF so why bother making life more complex!

Thanks anyway.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure how you would break out a Ref Manual to a different module, but a Player vs GM module would be easiest to break out by actually editing the xml itself. Make the whole thing, then duplicate the campaign and in the db.xml delete out the parts you don't want (assuming you can do this in large chunks) Then do final clean up in each campaign then export.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello,
    Can you create a module with a Demo version?
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DagBateway View Post
    Hello,
    Can you create a module with a Demo version?
    Thanks
    Not sure. I've never tried but I doubt it.

FGC and FGU might also have different behavior. But from what I remember, FGC does not allow a demo user to save a campaign (only characters), so IF it allowed module export, then you would have to create everything in one session of FG and export it then. FGU does allow at least characters to be saved in a campaign, but I have no idea about other campaign data or the ability to export it.

Question: I'm running a PF AP that hasn't been officially converted to FG (Shattered Star). We are finishing chapter 1, and I just created a module for chapter 2, using a development campaign. How do I create the module for chapter 3? If I use the same dev campaign, it will include everything from chapter 2 and 3, won't it? Do I just create a new development campaign for each chapter?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote670 View Post
    Question: I'm running a PF AP that hasn't been officially converted to FG (Shattered Star). We are finishing chapter 1, and I just created a module for chapter 2, using a development campaign. How do I create the module for chapter 3? If I use the same dev campaign, it will include everything from chapter 2 and 3, won't it? Do I just create a new development campaign for each chapter?
    I ran into a very similar issue running a complete season of Adventurers League modules (there are sixteen in the season). Unfortunately I’m a slow learner and I didn’t figure this out until about module six. I then created a shell campaign to house the characters and other items common to the overall arc. I also have “import” campaigns that I import each module or in you case chapter into. Once imported I export to an FG module and then add it to my story arc shell campaign. You can swap modules in and out as needed, load multiple chapters if needed. Hope this help and I hope I’ve explained it sufficiently well.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thread Information