STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Remove effect

Yeah I am doing internal testing.
    DM is a nice title for the one running the game. But I like my term better. G.O.D Games Operations Director

Make sure that when you load the campaign you are testing in, that you choose to include the extension. When you click the Load Campaign button in the launcher and select the name of the campaign, a list will appear in the bottom left section. Click the checkbox in front of the Remove Effect extension so the red dot appears in it. Then it should work when you start the campaign.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Make sure that when you load the campaign you are testing in, that you choose to include the extension. When you click the Load Campaign button in the launcher and select the name of the campaign, a list will appear in the bottom left section. Click the checkbox in front of the Remove Effect extension so the red dot appears in it. Then it should work when you start the campaign.
    you sir I wan to give you a giant wet dragonborn kiss. I had the extension in the wrong folder. It works great now. Ty TYTYTYTYTYTYTY so much
    DM is a nice title for the one running the game. But I like my term better. G.O.D Games Operations Director

Enjoy.

I know this is an older thread, but it's the first result on google, so I'm sure it will help someone.
    Go to the combat tracker. On the character, click the icon that looks like a winged boot; it is the last one before the link dot.
    It will give the option to modify, copy the effect, change duration, delete an effect, or add an effect.

You can even click the first little box to the left of the coding to change it from 'on' to 'one use' or 'off' if you merely want to disable it.

So there are 2 parts.
    1 put the extension you want to use in the extension folder.
    2 When you are loading the campaign scroll down your extensions and make sure you enable it.

Also if this is for a shield why are you not just going into inventory and switching it between equipped and not equipped? That should change you stat block.

Edit: I need to start reading the dates on post and checking for multiple pages.
    Last edited by Granamere; September 12th, 2020 at 17:29.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

If you apply an effect to yourself, click the effects icon (whatever it is) on the CT. You'll be able to remove effects YOU applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Engelgott0972 View Post
    Go to the combat tracker. On the character, click the icon that looks like a winged boot; it is the last one before the link dot.
    It will give the option to modify, copy the effect, change duration, delete an effect, or add an effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by selocon View Post
    If you apply an effect to yourself, click the effects icon (whatever it is) on the CT. You'll be able to remove effects YOU applied.
    This relates to the built-in effect functionality. The extension adds the ability to make an effect (with a button) on the character sheet's action tab. You can then click the button, or even hotbar the button and click, to remove an effect applied by anyone to the target. You can also drag and drop the button on a token to remove an effect.

Directions for setting up the remove effect on the character sheet are given in the thread about the extension the OP referred to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    +1
    Why I've always felt that feature should be naturally part of all the rulesets.
    I agree - should be part of the default rule set (with an option for the DM to enable/disable in settings) - the REMOVE: effect command should also be included. So magic items (and non-magic items) can apply the effect to say REMOVE: disease.

Thread Information