FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFG in one shot Mischief Makers

The Hook
    You are in the Town of Oallhelm on business, well the outskirts of the town really. People seem to be fleeing along with the town guards (the very few the town had). Vice Constable Murray starts shouting that he will pay 5 gp per Goblin head and wolf belt. He sounds desperate. It is late afternoon and you see smoke coming from the center of town you think. As the commotion is going on and the Vice Constable is pleading some goblins and a wolf come up towards you. ROLL INITIATIVE! And afterwards decide if you want to help this town against its Mischief Makers.

D&D 5E
    I would like to run a “one shot”. It will take about 4-5 hours of game play. So I am thinking of making it 2 sessions. I would like to run it on 30th of July at 0900 JST (1800 MDT Friday). It will be an adventure that is to take you to lvl 3. This module is from the series Dungeons on Demand. It is made by the book. You can just download the “Demo version” of FG to play. For talking will be using Team speak.

What is allowed for character creation
    Starting gear from class and background. Make characters at level 2 using point buy, PHB, EE, and SCAG. You have 200 gp extra to spend and 1 potion of healing on hand.

Extra stuff.
    I am a new DM (have a couple of games under belt now).
    Long and short Rest- There is something pushing you to not let you long rest until you take care of it. Proably can short rest once before you solve it.
    Light- It is evening, so dim light.
    RP/Fighting/Exploring ratio: 40%RP/50%F/10%Ex
    Type of players- New, team oriented, Lots of NPC to talk to
    How many players- 3 to 7. (Best is 4-5)
    I really like it when players describe their attacks and other actions. I don’t feel the DM is the only one telling the story. So entertain me.

Fantasy Grounds Game calander.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2104
    Last edited by MatangaBoots; July 23rd, 2016 at 15:17.

I'm new to 5e, but have 25+ years with tabletop and rpg's. Looking to get started with 5e, reading the PHB now and working on rolling up a characters.

I would normally love to join you, but I'm afraid my 30th is all full with visiting family. I'm very glad to hear about another person starting to DM, though! Best of luck in your adventure.

Edit: Oh! I see that your 30th is my 29th! I will toss my name onto your calendar.

Hi, I'm an experienced 5e player. I have a weekly in-the-flesh game and a weekly FG game. I typically play monks, rogues or warlocks - but I'll gladly play any type of character that will even out the party. This sounds like fun. If you need more info, feel free to send me a message.

I will try and have the game up a lot so you can make/upload your characters when you want. Also if you have any questions please ask. I love new players. And will take the time to get them set up in FG. The game is up right now.

Logged in, I see a rogue which is my preferred class, so I'm going to roll up a wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by nickabbey View Post
    Logged in, I see a rogue which is my preferred class, so I'm going to roll up a wizard.
    Please feel free! My warlock is super melee focused. I put burning hands on him but he's not a ranged sort. I'll try logging in to upload the sheet soon.

Edit: I logged into the server but couldn't upload my sheet for some reason. Here it is along with a token. Please let me know if there is anything about it that you do not like. Can't wait to play!
    Last edited by MeganHunter; July 25th, 2016 at 22:43.

Well... It took a while since I had to do a lot of reading and searching the web to learn the stuff I didn't know about character creation and game play that would affect my decisions - but he's up there. Gnome wizard (enchanter). The most useful spells in his book right now look to be sleep and an enchanter focus charm SLA. Looking forward to the game, thanks for putting that server up.

I would like to play. I can make both sessions and am familiar with 5e and fantasy grounds. I'd be up for playing anything the party needs but am otherwise leaning towards a cleric or druid.

Hey nickabbey glad you got into the game to make a character. I am sorry I wasn't around to help you. Uhm i am just reading over your character (Kelcorin) and noticed you have a 20 INT score. Did you roll for stats? You can't point buy above 15 and after racial bonus would only give you 17. Again sorry I haven't been around much to help. You also have 5 more spells to choose. It looks like you maxed your HP. For first level this is correct to max HP. For every level after that you just take half your hit die plus one. So it should be 6+2(CON)1st level+4+2(con)2nd lvl. I know i have just been saying what is wrong. everything else looks good. you did good using FG to drag and drop in your gear features.
    Also just read your earlier post about liking rouges. The characters that you could select are not being played in the game. If you want you could play a rouge you can.
    Last edited by MatangaBoots; July 26th, 2016 at 12:20.

Thread Information