STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    We can help get some of these converted by gently pushing. For example, I converted season 1 episode one over just for practice and reached out to the writer to see if they wanted the file. The writer wrote me back about a week later, asked a few questions and then realized that they had already been contacted by FSHSchmo. That gentle inquiry by me was the pebble that pushed it over to the file being released.

The files themselves are pretty easy to convert for personal use.

Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    I've purchased adventures in DMsguild.com and it *says* that it comes with the FG mod, but I look in the library, and I don't see any FG.mod to download, only the pdf. In particular, my purchase of The Horseman ... I can't get it to work. Any help, or insight as to which link I should be clicking on to get the FG.mod?
    I opened a ticket with them a few weeks ago about many similar missing mods. They have offered me refunds, but I'm still holding out hope they can get to a resolution.

Yeah, they are pretty quick to offer refunds. We don't want refunds, we want the files.
    Bryan Britt, a.k.a. Brynnan the High

Adventurers League Online, Local Coordinator for Fantasy Grounds
    Adventurers League Online, Quest of the Week DM Team

Ultimate License Holder, any license can play

I am working on converting the DDAL05-01 Treasure of the Broken Horde for a personal game. Once I am done are there rules about posting it for download? I see a lot of people asking for it and just figured since I had it I could offer it.

Blog Entries
    The only time a module that is copywriten can be posted is with permission of the owner. In the case of the AL modules, that is the module creator. The official sales location for them is the Dungeon Masters Guild and that is only in the official listing with the permission of the author.

I have seen others recreate and post the maps on their own, but never the entire modules.

Speaking of maps, can anyone who has gotten Defiance in Phlan let me know if the maps are the same as included in the original adventure or if they were enhanced / redone with perhaps map software or artists?

The Horseman does have the mod - I just purchased it and received the conversion. It was a separate download next to the pdf - I just had to download them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    I've purchased adventures in DMsguild.com and it *says* that it comes with the FG mod, but I look in the library, and I don't see any FG.mod to download, only the pdf. In particular, my purchase of The Horseman ... I can't get it to work. Any help, or insight as to which link I should be clicking on to get the FG.mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The Horseman does have the mod - I just purchased it and received the conversion. It was a separate download next to the pdf - I just had to download them separately.
    Yes, if you purchase it AFTER the mod was added, you got it. But if you purchased it before the mod was added it should of been added to your Library and wasn't.. That was the problem.

The problem with missing FG.mod files on DMsGuild should be fixed now.

When they started adding FG.mod files to the PDF AL Adventures on DMsGuild, there was some issue. If you bought the PDF after the addition you got it, but it was not showing up in the Library or Item Pages for download if you bought it previous to the file being added. And it should of been.

This should be fixed now and the .mod files should be showing up for any of the adventures that have had them added.

If someone could verify for me that this is true, I would appreciate it. If anyone has a chance, can they go to https://www.dmsguild.com/my_library.php and filter by Format:Virtual TableTop and confirm that each item they listed includes a .mod file. Let me know what you find.

Happy day!

There are 17 adventures I purchased before FG mods were being proliferated through the DM Guild site. I now have 17 FG mod adventures showing up in my library. Problem has been fixed (for me at least).

May these dark times never trouble us again!

EDIT: One addendum - I sometimes cannot download the mod using the download link. However, it works when I go through the additional bother of dropboxing and downloading. So...I will call it gray times, but am happy to be beyond the dark times. Dawn points? There is light on the horizon? The eagles are coming?
    Last edited by gm_chris; September 25th, 2016 at 12:37.

Thread Information