5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    What does it take to get the official FG conversions done for all the past AL modules? I just did season one episode one in an evening and that was just basically cutting and pasting and no par5e or anything.
    IIRC someone has said that all modules are completed in FG format, waiting approval to be made available. So the issue now is likely one of getting the appropriate clearances.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    What does it take to get the official FG conversions done for all the past AL modules? I just did season one episode one in an evening and that was just basically cutting and pasting and no par5e or anything.
    That's all. Just time. If the author wants their modules created they are either doing it themselves, or hiring someone to do the conversion. But they all should want it done. Myrdin, if you meant technically, yes, you can cut/paste into a campaign then export that into a module. Or PAR5E it. Either way it's not a huge deal individually, but it's 60 modules.

To their others that mention legality, I do not think that is an issue here. From what I understand, it's not a Wizards thing, which is why they just didn't get them all done. If you look Chris is releasing modules an author at a time, backing the fact that it's the author that owns the rights and is responsible for the conversion, not Wizards.
    Last edited by Brynnan; August 19th, 2016 at 05:39.
    Bryan Britt, a.k.a. Brynnan the High

Adventurers League Online, Local Coordinator for Fantasy Grounds
    Adventurers League Online, Quest of the Week DM Team

Ultimate License Holder, any license can play

Just converted DDEX3-13 - Writhing in the Dark by Alan Patrick so it should be showing up soon! I had a ton of fun running this adventure, glad to see it being released.
    FSHSchmo's Amazing Tabletop Discord Server - https://discord.gg/7RMAXfgSqd
    FSHSchmo's Amazing Tabletop Stream - https://twitch.tv/fshschmo
    FSHSchmo's Amazing Tabletop Podcast is available on
    Amazon Music/Audible, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Podbean, & Spotify.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brynnan View Post
    Either way it's not a huge deal individually, but it's 60 modules.

To their others that mention legality, I do not think that is an issue here. From what I understand, it's not a Wizards thing, which is why they just didn't get them all done. If you look Chris is releasing modules an author at a time, backing the fact that it's the author that owns the rights and is responsible for the conversion, not Wizards.
    Most of the modules are not graphically challenging at all. I just converted over the very first module in season one and added player maps (keys removed) to the DM maps that come with it. I am pretty new to using the content creation and it took an evening. Redoing the formatting that you lose from cut and pasting from the PDF is the hardest thing so far as in boring and there can be lots of text.

I am glad that FSHSchmo is chasing down the authors. I am sure that there are enough DMs here that converted things over that most of them exist on someone's hard drives but with each author needing to approve (and I assume agreeing on compensation or something), it will be hard to get all the old ones done. Glad that Wizards changed it for the newest season that is about to start and I wish that they were able to approve the older ones as well because I bet they would all be done faster than they think.

As an FYI there is no agreement that the new season mods will be converted. It's up to the adventure designer to convert them or have them converted. All of the current season's adventure designers are aware of the situation, but it's up to them to make it happen.

Good news! You can now pick up DDEX1-1 - Defiance in Phlan on the DMs Guild with the Fantasy Grounds module!

Quote Originally Posted by FSHSchmo View Post
    Good news! You can now pick up DDEX1-1 - Defiance in Phlan on the DMs Guild with the Fantasy Grounds module!
    I've purchased adventures in DMsguild.com and it *says* that it comes with the FG mod, but I look in the library, and I don't see any FG.mod to download, only the pdf. In particular, my purchase of The Horseman ... I can't get it to work. Any help, or insight as to which link I should be clicking on to get the FG.mod?

Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    I've purchased adventures in DMsguild.com and it *says* that it comes with the FG mod, but I look in the library, and I don't see any FG.mod to download, only the pdf. In particular, my purchase of The Horseman ... I can't get it to work. Any help, or insight as to which link I should be clicking on to get the FG.mod?
    I know that Robert is working with OBS to see what is going on and why the modules are not showing up.

Let me know when it is squared away, I'd like to check it out.
    Still wish they were done like the 3-1, 3-2 versions with the new art maps vs the dungeoner's blue/white. The maps is the biggest selling feature for me. I don't mind converting or partially converting the ones I have but knowing that some folks put out better VT maps makes me want to buy em instead.

unfortunately, right now it is a pig in a poke since can't preview the maps even in low Rez thumbnails form.

Thanks for all the hard work folks! I also look forward to entire seasons being completed (especially DDEX3), and also would appreciate the new maps being included.

Thread Information