DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Doug, thanks for the detailed post. I think it helps a great bit understanding the history and perspectives. If I understand it correctly, you feel that you could have submitted the FG platform to the best Software category for 2016 if you had wanted to? But you chose not to because "mostly due to a dislike of the process"?

Would you be willing to state what changes to the process you would like to see (and any other changes) in order to feel that it would be worthwhile to submit FG (wholly or in parts) in future years?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I agree with Lord, I think although my ire has been raised at the ludicrous nature of the fallacy that is the logic I would like to see a proper guided platform on such things from your point of view Doug. Now that I have been properly educated that you electively decided not to take place in the Ennies I feel better. "Why go to chernobyl just to look for buried treasure?" I may be too biased against roll20 and therefore disqualify myself from being truly objective, but I feel the bland GUI and the simple google+ integration of media chatting does not a "definitive" product make.

Rather than reiterate into redundancy my "sour grapes" I am going to use this angry motivation to push myself to contribute more to FG and its community. When comparing the free2play to FG it is like comparing angry birds to Age of Empires, so I think I will finally get off my *** and DM a game or two.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    That is a ridiculous line of "logic" coming from them. So Roll20 benefits from not having any sanctioned products whereas team FG does and loses as a result. ...
    I think it shows that they have evolved over the years as it appears they have changed their guidelines and in this case added the Software category. Unfortunately, I don't think their published rules indicate this or clearly identify how things appear to work. Maybe that will be an aspect I can help them to clarify.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information