DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

ENnies Voting Now Open

ENnies voting is now available. See the thread here for the kick-off announcement. See this webpage for actual voting.

Please take a moment to read through the Judge's profiles. I myself am running for next year (Dan Harlan). To me, selecting the correct judges is key to getting the right products for voting on next year. As Morrus states, please only vote on those products you've familiarized yourself with.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

WOW ZERO mention of fantasy grounds under "best software" and the floating turd that is roll20 gets a slot to vote in. YEAH NOPE.

Blog Entries
    Well, if you notice the one comment I make regarding possible improvements.

For background, part of that comes from this understanding I have; SW has asked to be included before, but they are told that they will only consider "new" products released in that time frame. OK, I get that. But, somehow Roll20 is included every year that I know of, but FG is not. I don't understand the criteria, and I feel strongly that's its something to be explained. And hopefully it will be before next year's voting.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Well, if you notice the one comment I make regarding possible improvements.

For background, part of that comes from this understanding I have; SW has asked to be included before, but they are told that they will only consider "new" products released in that time frame. OK, I get that. But, somehow Roll20 is included every year that I know of, but FG is not. I don't understand the criteria, and I feel strongly that's its something to be explained. And hopefully it will be before next year's voting.
    It makes no sense to me. FG release 5 new versions a year. Roll20 probably does about the same.

any the FG conversions 5e adventures could have been considered, looking at the nominations in this and other categories it all seems a bit cliquey and self congratulatory . I will not vote

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It makes no sense to me. FG release 5 new versions a year. Roll20 probably does about the same.
    It does not make sense to me either. And FG isn't the only software package that suffers from this same... inconsistancy.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    any the FG conversions 5e adventures could have been considered, looking at the nominations in this and other categories it all seems a bit cliquey and self congratulatory . I will not vote
    I would ask you to at least reconsider voting in the judges category. It seems to me that the best chance of changing that or at least identifying if it is a real issue or just a widely help perception, is to vote for judges who might be able to make a change in that.

Didn't we have this thread last year, with the same double standard?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    ...t seems to me that the best chance of changing that or at least identifying if it is a real issue or just a widely help perception, is to vote for judges who might be able to make a change in that.
    Which judges would fall in that category? Any besides L Entrails?
    Last edited by seycyrus; July 12th, 2016 at 22:25.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Which judges would fall in that category? Any besides L Entrails?
    Many of the judges profiles mention if they have judged before.

Edit: Current list of judges here: https://www.ennie-awards.com/blog/2016-judges/
    Last edited by LordEntrails; July 12th, 2016 at 22:40.

Well what has me irritated is fantasy grounds this last year secured the FIRST and only official 5E licensing from wizards of the coast... and yet they are ignored year to year. Roll20 didnt join steam as a sold product. And yet somehow FG has become non-existent in the voting process. Let's not forget to mention curse of strahd FG conversion item or anything like that. I am profoundly upset at how incredulous it all is and I am almost at the point of calling outright nepotism with the judging etc.

Thread Information