FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    out of interest, did you drag the powers from another module such as the sw players guide?
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    Looking at the screen shots and what you have said it is acting like the module doesn't know where to look so is putting up a blank window. Just to check, in <chapter_00061_newpowers> at the end of a recordname add the module name to the path like: <recordname>reference.heroic.ppethief@exact module name here</recordname>

edit: the module name you need to use is the exact same as the one found around line 4-7. ex: <name type="string">Weird Wars Rome Players Guide</name>
    Last edited by Mortar; July 26th, 2016 at 01:54.
    Ultimate License Holder

Skellan. I did at first, but when it didn't work properly I made them all from scratch. Looking at both the library db.xml file and the campaigns db.xml I see that there are multiple copies of the same powers... which is probably a part of this entire problem. If I had to enter all the powers again I would be fine with that but I don't know what or how much to delete.

Mortar. In the reference section of the db file, what should I place as the <recordname>? Right now it is showing just <recordname>..</recordname> for each power entry?

Blog Entries
    You will want to change the <recordname> elements that you have showing in the first screen shot.

Think of the <recordname> as a file path with each piece a subdirectory of the one before it. Looking more closely at the screen shots you posted, the power description windows come up empty becuase that path isn't pointing to the correct spot.

I am working of my phone right now so trying to remember of the top of my head what your images looked like.

It will look something like this:

<recordname>reference.newpowers.heroic.ppethief<re cordname>

The first word reference tells it to look in the reference section. Each word after that is a child element of the one before it (its nested within them) and so on until you get to last one. The last item in that will be the actual name that you gave the power,

The <recordname> elements in the second shot are empty like that because the information FG is looking are right after the element.

I away from my computer for the mext 8 hours or so but will help the best I can.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NovaTosh View Post
    Skellan. I did at first, but when it didn't work properly I made them all from scratch. Looking at both the library db.xml file and the campaigns db.xml I see that there are multiple copies of the same powers... which is probably a part of this entire problem. If I had to enter all the powers again I would be fine with that but I don't know what or how much to delete.

Mortar. In the reference section of the db file, what should I place as the <recordname>? Right now it is showing just <recordname>..</recordname> for each power entry?
    Yeah the issue is in the first screenshot. Each powers recordname was bad value its missing one part after reference and @ module name from the end.

Did you create this as is with Enhanced Library or did you alter it manually?
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Ikael - I did use the Enhanced Library as I don't understand enough of the coding to do it manually.
    I tried altering the recordname but it still is not adding the power... I have everything completed for this library module and it's just these powers not working.

Blog Entries
    If you have altered the recordname and the powers still are showing as empty windows, then the recordname (again its like a file path) is still not complete/correct. Have you added the "@full module name" - its not needed every time but it will need to be there if there is multiple modules involved.

In the s"untitles" screen cap below are some from the Weird Wars Rome module I converted, the "untitled2" image I have reopened the same module and collapsed the info not required. If you look you can see all the elements listed in the <recordname> elements from the image 1 visible circled in red in in image2.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NovaTosh View Post
    Ikael - I did use the Enhanced Library as I don't understand enough of the coding to do it manually.
    I tried altering the recordname but it still is not adding the power... I have everything completed for this library module and it's just these powers not working.
    In that case is it posdible for you to send me the campaign's db.xml file so I could debug the issue and prevent it from happening again.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Yeah NovaTosh I wouldn't mind a look at this mod too. Would be more than glad to help.

Thread Information